Lead Product Developer - India Job Listing at BMC Software in Pune
Lead Product Developer - India
Job ID 15921
Minimum of 7 years of experience
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
- 8 - 12+ years of product engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering high quality commercial enterprise products.- Experience in architecting complex framework and platform solutions Experience in application development platform for building enterprise application and business critical business processes. Ability to architect, design and develop Object Oriented and Service Oriented software with practical use of design patterns.-Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is a must - Must have strong decision-making skills; take-charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion combined with good written and oral communication.- Good understanding of high-availability and scalable platform architecture.- Good understanding of troubleshooting and performance tuning of multi-layered application.
This position includes both new product development, and product maintenance. - New product development includes writing new code, creating product enhancement specifications, and working with product management on new product requirements.- Also includes working with Quality Assurance to insure a quality product.- Product maintenance duties include working with customers to diagnosis and recreate their issues and creating the required resolution
Experience in Software Engineering with focus on developing enterprise-class, products and web applications. Hands-on experience with programming languages Java/J2EE, C/C++, and overall thorough understanding of development methodologies. - Strong management, organizational and process skills.- Assertive individual who knows how to help drive software development process maturity and is able to clearly communicate goals, decisions and recommendations to appropriate parties.- Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building. - Experience with Windows OS, UNIX, LINUX multi-platform based development.- Experience in building distributed/scalable systems, and high-volume transaction applications.- Experience with planning, coordinating and conducting performance/benchmarking exercises for product certification on various platforms.- Experience in handling multiple sites -Ability to work flexible hours and stay up-to-date with competing technologies and passionate about adapting technology to provide business-benefiting solutions.
Experience with planning, coordinating and conducting performance/benchmarking exercises for product certification on various platforms.- Experience in handling multiple sites - Experienced R&D managers can qualify as well - Ability to work flexible hours and stay up-to-date with competing technologies and passionate about adapting technology to provide business-benefiting solutions.
Experience in distributed platforms.Exposure to customer interaction is a plus.
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Solid technical experience, capabilities and competency is required
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM and iterative development methodologies is a must
- Hands-on experience w/ Java/C/C++, databases and interfaces (drivers etc), across multiple platforms - Windows, UNIX/LINUX is required.
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (eg Eclipse is a plus)
- Experience handling complex problems/projects through creative and innovative thinking is required
- Should keep abreast of technology and industry trends
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Pune, India
View similar jobs:
Sr Product Developer - India
BMC Software - Pune
Technical Supp Analyst - India
BMC Software - Pune
Staff Product Developer - India
BMC Software - Pune
Locate this job: