Project Architect - Consulting Services - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-30190)
Project Architect - Consulting Services - USA
Job ID 14363
USA Office At Home
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
** PIPELINE REQUISITION** – This is a pipeline requirement only. BMC Software is constantly looking for top talent in our Professional Services group. We invite you to apply to this pipeline req. Your resume will be reviewed and dispositioned appropriately. As new requirements are finalized you will be contacted if your experience aligns with BMC requirements.
Position Summary: Compiles customer required capabilities, business and technical requirements, and desired outcomes/vision into a solution Architecture and program definiton. Accelerates the project delivery by providing techncial leadership during all stages of the project/program. Advises project team and customer on implementation approach, strategy, integration, deployment, and adoption best practices to ensure customer is in a postiion to recognize value from the platform immediately after moving to production.
* Partner with the Project/Portfolio Manager and Sales to validate and define the high-level project scope, schedule, resource plan, and estimates are aligned to ensure a successful project/program outcome.
* Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to capture customer’s business and technical requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based solution design to accomplish the customer goals.
* Define platform architecture to meet customer desired state vision including business, application, data, technical, integration and security architectures.
* Provide technical program oversight, leadership, and mentoring throughout project for all project team members (BMC and customer) to balance project scope and timeline with the design and desired outcomes.
* Uses expertise and best practices to bridge customer vision and desired state to project design and delivery requirements
* Ensure successful delivery of customer’s desired outcomes by engaging in risk management and mitigation and operational program governance
* Develop strong technical champions and coaches within customer teams.
* Drive adoption activities to ensure customer has completed the right people (training, organization, etc.) and process readiness activities to make the solution successful in achieving the desired business goals.
* Contribute to Practice improvement through knowledge creation and review, mentoring project teams and others, and updating best practices as new approaches are learned.
* Provide timely and accurate status reports, timesheets and expense reports.
* Customer focused delivery Project receives a “2” or higher Customer Satisfaction survey; Customer reference account
* Self-starter; demonstrate initiative and leadership across projects and within the team
* Highly requested by sales, project and portfolio management, and customers; seen as trusted advisor and technical leader
* Consistently deliver high quality results including on-time quality deliverables and meeting project timelines
* Identify and drive future BSM opportunities and achieves customer reference letter, project go-live acknowledgement, outstanding ratings on PM surveys, and positive project customer satisfaction rating
* Projects completed successfully (meets customer requirements and vision) and customer adoption readiness defined
* Successfully manage customer expectations through solid communications and documentation (no or minimal rework required)
* Use expertise and best practices to bridge customer vision and desired state to project design and delivery requirements
* Continuously enhance solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position and grow BMC Intellectual Property.
* All time sheets entered on time weekly (minus any exceptions for project setup delays, etc.)
* Expenses submitted on-time (one week after expenses have occurred)
* Individual utilization meets/exceeds 100% of utilization target for rating period (100%+ for each of the 2 rating quarters)
* 10 years of technology implementation and/or IT architecture experience
* At least 3 projects leadership assignments where the solution design, implementation, and production rollout were under the Project Architect’s guidance
* Demonstrated technical project leadership with integration to project/program management compliance and governance
* Executive presentation and communication
Functional / Technical Skills:
* Expert in assigned discipline’s architecture and deployment.
* Expert in supporting technologies’ achitecutre and deployment as it relates to BMC solutions.
* Effective presentations
* Workshop facilitation
* Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
* Small team dynamics and leadership
* Technical leadership
* Bachelor’s degree desired
* Certified in core discipline Product or Specialties at Architect level
* Certified in at least 3 BMC Products or Specialties at Expert Level
* TOGAF Certified Architect
* ITIL V3 Foundation required, Expert or Master preferred
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA