Project Architect - Consulting Services - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-32019)
Project Architect - Consulting Services - USA
Job ID 15502
USA Office At Home
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
** PIPELINE REQUISITION**
This is a pipeline requirement only. BMC Software is constantly looking for top talent in our Professional Services group. We invite you to apply to this pipeline req. Your resume will be reviewed and dispositioned appropriately. As new requirements are finalized you will be contacted if your experience aligns with BMC requirements.
BMC Project Architect
BMC Software’s Global Services’ Federal Practice seeks a high caliber, proven senior ITSM architect, with excellent technical acumen. This is a challenging role that is expected to work with strategic ITSM customers across all all Federal sectors (i.e., DoD, Intel, Federal Civilian Agencies). The ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, excellent communication skills, and superior implementation experience with the desire and determination to grow the delivery of BMC's ITSM service offerings. The candidate should be able to position high-value services with our clients.
BMC's Federal practice develops and delivers services associated with our ITSM product suite. BMC's Project Architects are the technical leads on our most strategic projects in ITSM solutions.
Responsibilities of the Project position includes:
* 80% - Strategic Project Delivery – Act as the technical lead on implementation projects. Mentoring Senior consultants in the field. Provide lifelines, technical guidance and support to these consultants on how best to deploy Data Center solutions. Generate and review project specific strategic design and architecture documents. Will help deliver solution planning workshops and support the services sales process when required. Will have direct lifelines into the BMC COE
* 20% - Blue Print Best Practices, Certifications, Mentoring, and Methodology Support – Contribute to the development of Best practices for Data Center architecture. Contribute to the virtual community where consultants contribute in developing these best practices. Participate and help teach boot camps and mentoring programs. Interact and interlock with the COE to provide input and request for enhancements to upcoming product releases
* Work closely with clients, partners, other consultants and project managers to deliver scalable, re-usable, and well-documented solutions.
* Drive solution adoption and business value realization through the analysis and transformation of clients’ existing data centre operational models – driving our customers to manage their IT as a business.
* Ensure BMC delivery successfully aligns IT with our clients’ business by aligning people, process, technology and metrics.
* Business case development, business value consulting, and value realization-based project progress reporting.
* Present at technical and managerial level (e.g. solution overview, progress updates, business case realization, solution adoption plans, etc.).
* Maintain open lines of communication throughout each project phase, highlighting progress and issues to all stakeholders, both internal and external
* Pro-actively maintain a profound technical and functional knowledge of BMC solutions and offerings.
* Mentor new consultants, partners, and customers to drive profound understanding of solutions, best practices, and consulting methodologies.
Skills and competencies required for Project Architect include:
* Strong understanding of the functionality of BMC Remedy ITSM with the ability to demonstrate the product and how it supports best practice processes
* Experience implementing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, SRM, and Atrium CMDB in a DoD environment with customers of varying sizes and industries in a technical role is desired
* Expert technical knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM, CMDB, SRM, RKM including all configuration options is desired
* Strong technical and functional understanding of integrating BMC Remedy ITSM with other solutions using methods such as API’s and Web Services including:
* SSO and Authentication
* People Data Management
* Understanding of security and connectivity architectures related to remote connectivity to an ITSM solutio
* Knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
* Ability to design a network and hardware architecture that will meet client requirements as they relate to the following:
* Performance and response time
* Capacity and growth
* High availability and failover
* Disaster and recovery
* 5+ years experience relevant working experience
* BMC Remedy ITSM technical training and certification
* Professional consulting experience
* Experience implementing BMC solutions and ITIL certification a plus
* BA/BS in computer or engineering related field
* Ability and Willingness to travel 75%.
* DoD Secret clearance or higher
* CompTia Secrity+ Certification
Location of Position:
* Home office based as majority of work is at customer locations (or via remote connectivity)
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA