Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-29885)
Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA
Job ID 14553
USA Office At Home
More than 10 years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
** PIPELINE REQUISITION** – This is a pipeline requirement only. BMC Software is constantly looking for top talent in the Consulting Services group. We invite you to apply to this pipeline req. Your resume will be reviewed and dispositioned appropriately. As new requirements are finalized you will be contacted if your experience aligns with BMC requirements.
Responsible for providing service management consulting to customers by positioning BMC product/solution offerings in the context of service management processes.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Develop knowledge of service management process and methodologies; this knowledge consists of both terminology and practical implementation considerations.
- Analyze BMC offerings in the context of service management processes and their impact to improve those processes, report results.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of client environment and design appropriate BMC solutions to enhance client IT operations.
- Evaluate the business / technical requirements to create a solution roadmap which maps business processes to product.
- Work with other team members to validate requirements and review deliverables prior to releasing to customers.
- Programs, tests, documents, and implements systems and/or software, applying BMC project and consulting methods and processes.
- Researches routine to moderately complex work and customer problems, issues, and circumstances and provides recommendations, alternatives, and risk assessments to the project manager (or designated representative).
- Develop and implement open systems solutions in workflow automation and application design.
- Support PS management and services sales in identifying and closing follow-on consulting opportunities with customers.
Interaction (Internal and External Communication):
- Participate in product/solution planning sessions as directed.
- Ability to interface at all levels within an organization, technical to senior management.
- Influence technical directions from a corporate standpoint.
- Develop and deliver, clear, concise, coordinated presentation and advice to customers on complex environments based on input from customers, sales, technical services, development and own professional experience.
- Documents completion of project assignments and identifies implementation issues in a clear, thorough, and timely manner. Keeps Project Manager and others informed of the status of work/projects, problem areas, and customer satisfaction.
- Advise customers on best practices to help guide and solidify a given design.
- Participate in appropriate industry groups, presenting at conferences and writing white papers.
People Management/Lead Responsibility:
- Transfer knowledge to Technical Services consultants/management as part of a post-sales/implementation cycle.
- Mentor other consultants in areas of subject matter expertise.
- Provide feedback to the account team and sales management.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships to serve as a trusted adviser.
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Issue management and resolution skills.
- Able to operate at all levels within a customer organization.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in solutions development in customer facing organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accountability to management.
- Experience of taking the lead role in all phases of large implementations.
- Proven track record of delivery with applications.
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
NS2 Industry Advisor Expert
SAP - United States of America
2nd Shift Team Lead - Post Close Government Insuring Resolution - Mortgage Servicing
Chase - LA, Louisiana
Client Integration Consultant
Sharp Decisions - United States of America
Locate this job: