Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-31196)
Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA
Job ID 14734
USA Office At Home
More than 10 years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
** PIPELINE REQUISITION** – This is a pipeline requirement only. BMC Software is constantly looking for top talent in the Consulting Services group. We invite you to apply to this pipeline req. Your resume will be reviewed and dispositioned appropriately. As new requirements are finalized you will be contacted if your experience aligns with BMC requirements.
BMC Software’s Global Services’ ITSM Practice seeks a high caliber, proven senior architect, with excellent technical acumen to scope, sell and architect BMC's ITSM services portfolio. Only the best of the best will be considered for this high profile position. This is a challenging role that is expected to work with C-level customers across all markets. The ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, excellent communication skills, and superior presentation experience with the desire and determination to grow the delivery of BMC's ITSM service offerings. The candidate should be able to position high-value services with humility and virtuosity. These attributes, and an appreciation for rigor and objectivity, will be fundamental to ensuring our clients’ becoming fully engaged and autonomous in order to maximize their return on investment on software solutions and services.
BMC's ITSM practice develops and sells services associated with our ITSM product suite. Architects applying for this position will report in to the Geography Practice Manager and should have a strong combination of software pre-sales, technical architecture, business/ROI value realization and presentation skills.
Responsibilities of the Solution Architect position includes:
• 20% - Strategic Project Support - Mentoring Project Architects and Senior consultants in the field. Provide lifelines, technical guidance and support to these consultants on how best to deploy ITSM solutions. Review project specific strategic design and architecture documents. Will help deliver solution planning workshops.
• 70% - Business Development Support – Assist the GEO Territory Practice Managers and Client Service Manager in the field with properly scoping and selling service engagements
• 10% - Blue Print Best Practices, Certifications, Mentoring, and Methodology Support – Support the development of Best practices for ITSM architecture. Contribute to the virtual community where consultants contribute in developing these best practices. Assist in enablement and mentoring programs. Interact and interlock with the BMC COE to provide input and request for enhancements to upcoming product releases
- Will support Client Service Managers in the field in requirements gathering, scoping, positioning, and selling complex ITSM services
- Will assist Client Service Managers in producing client proposals, delivery estimates, and business case deliverables
- Will build re-usable documents, models, and artifacts and train the field in this approach to better scale the business
- Will present BMC's Rapid Results methodology for project delivery
- Will conduct ITSM business case development sessions, requirements definition, financial modeling, business value consulting, and value realization-based project progress reporting. This includes BMC's ITSM solution planning workshops (SPW) which develop 12-18 month roadmaps and plans around BMC products and solutions
- Will act as a subject matter expert for BMC Global Services and provide technical expertise in competitive situations
- Will work closely with C-level customers and their teams to define, analyze, and design appropriate business and technical ITSM solutions to meet the customer's financial objectives
Other Responsibilities include:
- Drive solution adoption and business value realization through the analysis and transformation of clients’ existing ITSM operational models – driving our customers to manage their IT as a business
- Ensure BMC delivery successfully aligns IT with our clients’ business by aligning people, process, technology and metrics
- Work closely with clients, partners, other architects and project managers to deliver scalable, re-usable, and well-documented solution.
- Pro-actively maintain a profound business and technical knowledge of BMC ITSM solutions and offerings.
- 8+ years background in IT consulting, sales or strategy
- Past experience as an Enterprise or Project Architect
- Service Management product marketing, sales or pre-sales experience
- Has worked for, sold to, or consulted to C-level customers at large Enterprise, xSP / Hosting / Telco organizations.
- Public speaker that has presented at large conferences on the topic of ITSM
- Excellent written skills that has published at least one white paper or public blog
- Highly motivated, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
Solid experience with:
-Ability to lead BMC Remedy ITSM customer workshops confidently and consult customer on making decisions according to BMC best practices using experiences from working with other customers
Ability to translate functionally/process requirements and into a technical design deliverable
-Strong understanding of the functionality of BMC Remedy ITSM with the ability to demonstrate the product and how it supports best practice processes
-Experience implementing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, SRM, and Atrium CMDB with customers of varying sizes and industries in a technical role
-Expert technical knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM, CMDB, SRM, RKM
-Strong technical and functional understanding of integrating BMC Remedy ITSM with other solutions
-Understanding of security and connectivity architectures
-Knowledge of best practices based on BMC methodologies and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
-Ability to advise on organizational change management best practices
-Understanding of BMC's competitors a plus
-Travel up to 50% within GEO
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Federal - Alcohol and Drug Control Officer - (ADCO) Tacoma, WA
Accenture - Wa – Tacoma
Federal - Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator (PC) - Blackstone, VA
Accenture - Va – Blackstone
Federal - Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator (PC) - St. Augustine, FL
Accenture - Fl – St. Augustine