Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA (B) Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-30853)
Solution Architect - Consulting Svcs - USA (B)
Job ID 14984
USA Office At Home
Minimum of 10 years of experience
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
** PIPELINE REQUISITION** – This is a pipeline requirement only. BMC Software is constantly looking for top talent in the Consulting Services group. We invite you to apply to this pipeline req. Your resume will be reviewed and dispositioned appropriately. As new requirements are finalized you will be contacted if your experience aligns with BMC requirements.
BMC Software’s Global Services’ Data Center Practice seeks a high caliber, proven senior architect, with excellent technical acumen to sell, scope, and architect BMC's Cloud and Data Center services portfolio. Only the best of the best will be considered for this high profile position. This is a challenging role that is expected to work with C-level customers across all markets. The ideal candidate will possess an analytical mind, excellent communication skills, and superior presentation experience with the desire and determination to grow the delivery of BMC's cloud, application operations, and proactive operations service offerings. The candidate should be able to position high-value services with humility and virtuosity. These attributes, and an appreciation for rigor and objectivity, will be fundamental to ensuring our clients’ becoming fully engaged and autonomous in order to maximize their return on investment on software solutions and services.
BMC's Cloud and Data Center practice develops and sells services associated with our Cloud Lifecycle Management, Automation, Orchestration, Proactive and Application Operations product suites. Architects applying for this position will report in to the Geography Practice Manager and should have a strong combination of software pre-sales, technical architecture, business/ROI value realization and presentation skills.
Responsibilities of the Solution Architect position includes:
• 20% - Strategic Project Support - Mentoring Project Architects and Senior consultants in the field. Provide lifelines, technical guidance and support to these consultants on how best to deploy Data Center solutions. Review project specific strategic design and architecture documents. Will deliver solution planning workshops.
• 70% - Business Development Support – Assist the GEO Territory Practice Managers and Client Service Manager in the field with properly scoping, positioning, and selling services engagements
• 10% - Blue Print Best Practices, Certifications, Mentoring, and Methodology Support – Support the development of Best practices for Data Center architecture. Contribute to the virtual community where consultants contribute in developing these best practices. Assist in boot camps and mentoring programs. Interact and interlock with the BMC COE to provide input and request for enhancements to upcoming product releases
- Will support Client Service Managers in the field in requirements gathering, scoping, positioning, and selling complex Data Center services
- Will assist Client Service Managers in producing client proposals, delivery estimates, and business case deliverables
- Will build re-usable documents, models, and artifacts and train the field in this approach to better scale the business
- Will present BMC's rapid result methodology for project delivery
- Will conduct Cloud business case development sessions, requirements definition, financial modeling, business value consulting, and value realization-based project progress reporting. This includes BMC's cloud solution planning (CSP) workshops which develop 12-18 month roadmaps around BMC products and solutions
- Will act as a subject matter expert for BMC Global Services and provide technical expertise in competitive situations
- Will work closely with C-level customers and their teams to define, analyze, and design appropriate business and technical cloud solutions to meet the customer's financial objectives
Other Responsibilities include:
- Drive solution adoption and business value realization through the analysis and transformation of clients’ existing Data Center and Cloud operational models – driving our customers to manage their IT as a business
- Ensure BMC delivery successfully aligns IT with our clients’ business by aligning people, process, technology and metrics
- Work closely with clients, partners, other architects and project managers to deliver scalable, re-usable, and well-documented solution.
- Pro-actively maintain a profound business and technical knowledge of BMC Data Center solutions and offerings.
- 8+ years background in IT consulting, sales or strategy (preferably with a cloud or virtualization house).
- Past experience as an Enterprise or Project Architect
- Virtualization or Monitoring product marketing, sales or pre-sales experience
- Has worked for, sold to, or consulted to C-level customers at large Enterprise, xSP / Hosting / Telco organizations.
- Public speaker that has presented at large conferences on the topic of Data Center Automation, Operations, Monitoring, or Cloud.
- Excellent written skills that has published at least 1 white paper or public blog
- Highly motivated, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
Solid experience with:
- Cloud design and IT chargeback costing and modeling (i.e. how much should a customer charge their customer for 1GB of storage / month).
- Proactive Operations service modeling and solution design
- Knowledge of Automation (Bladelogic), Application Management (EUEM, AppSight), Monitoring (Patrol or ProactiveNet), Event and Service Impact Management (BEM/SIM), Orchestration (Atrium Orchestrator), Discovery (ADDM), Cloud (CLM), Capacity Management (BCO, BPA) a nice to have or similar products from VMWare, HP, IBM or CA
- Knowledge of key Data Center concepts such as Disaster Recovery, Compliance, Mobility, Big Data, Elasticity, and Consolidation
- Knowledge of IT business and financial modeling
- Knowledge of the Application Deployment Lifecycle and SaaS
- Knowledge of Remedy / Service Request Management Portal a nice to have or similar products from HP, IBM or CA
• Travel up to 30% within GEO
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
2nd Shift Team Lead - Post Close Government Insuring Resolution - Mortgage Servicing
Chase - LA, Louisiana
Client Integration Consultant
Sharp Decisions - United States of America
SAP - United States of America
Locate this job: