Sr Consultant - United Kingdom Job Listing at BMC Software in GBR (Job ID bmcsoftware-32645)
Sr Consultant - United Kingdom
Job ID 15714
GBR Office at Home
Minimum of 7 years of experience
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
Position – Sr Consultant “Middleware Management”
BMC Software’s Global Services “BMC Middleware Management” Practice seeks an individual that will provide technical / post-sales support on a unique enterprise level software solution throughout the sales cycle for various customers. The Professional Services Consultant will provide training and consulting services. Engagements typically begin by analyzing the customer's application development, testing and/or support organizations and processes. This is followed by the creation and presentation of a customized architecture and deployment plan. The consultant will then install, integrate and customize the product and provide formal classroom training sessions followed by individual user mentoring, with the majority of work done at the customer's location. The Consultant must be able to multi task in a fast-paced environment since they will be working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Responsible for leading and/or participating in small teams comprised of BMC, partner and customer resources at client sites to deliver required outcomes and produce additional business with BMC clients.
- Understands how to apply technology to improve the operational effectiveness or efficiency of specific functions or applications.
- Implement, customize, and configure BMC “Middleware Management” products.
- Integrate BMC products to each other and third-party applications.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the solutions delivered to BMC clients as a means to improve BMC business margins.
- Accountable to client for achieving specific outcomes by delivering services as directed by the project manager and technical lead.
- Ability to transfer knowledge of the BMC approach to business service management.
- The Consultant should be certified on IBM MQ technology.
- Should maintain ongoing product knowledge.
- Must be familiar with other IT management technologies and have a working knowledge of IT operations and management
- Ability to take direction and work independently in achieving stated objectives.
- Experience in systems design and development experience in enterprise computing environments.
- 10+ years’ experience the Middleware Management space (MQ, Message Broker)
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- BMC product knowledge highly preferred – BMM / QPASA / QNAMI
- Cross Platform Experience including UNIX (AIX or Solaris preferred), Linux, and Windows
- Programming in at least two of the following areas (C/C++, COBOL, .NET, Java)
- Strong Self-Motivation
- Experience implementing enterprise computing solutions.
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Solid process and organizational change management skills
- Application Development experience
- Professional consulting experience
- Classroom training experience
- Ability and Willingness to travel 75%.
The ideal candidate would also have several of the following skills and experiences:
- WebSphere MQ Administration and Solution Design
- Additional Hardware Platform Experience (AS/400, z/OS preferred)
- WebSphere Message Broker (or WebSphere MQ Integrator)
- WebSphere Process Server
- J2EE Design and Management
- Database Experience (DB2/Oracle/SQL Server)
- XML Messaging
- WebSphere Application Server Administration
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Edinburgh
View similar jobs:
Cash Reconciliation Analyst
BlackRock - Edinburgh
BlackRock - Edinburgh
BlackRock - Edinburgh
Locate this job: