Sr Consultant - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in USA (Job ID bmcsoftware-31539)
Sr Consultant - USA
Job ID 15335
USA Office At Home
Minimum of 7 years of experience
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
BMC Professional Services is looking to fill the position of Senior Consultant with a specialty in the IT Service Management (ITSM) discipline. BMC Software sets the standard and is the market leader in ITSM software solution, and BMC Professional Services is a strategic BMC business unit that is looking to hire top consultants to help our customers solve their ITSM issues and achieve maximum value from BMC solution.
This is a senior level consulting role that will provide technical advisory and implementation services on BMC Software’s ITSM enterprise level software solutions for our customers. A Sr. Consultant builds positive and strong customer relationships and uses best practices and experience working with IT organizations to lead and advise our customers toward a total solution implementation that solves their critical IT Services management issues. This includes solution architecture design; technology-process link best practice consultation; tool installations, integrations, application tailoring; and guidance toward organizational readiness and best practice alignment. The Sr. Consultant must be able to multi task in a fast-paced environment since they will be working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for leading the technical aspects of consulting projects including:
• Responsible for leading and/or participating in project teams comprised of BMC, partner, and customer resources at client sites to deliver required outcomes and produce additional business with BMC clients.
• Applies technology to improve the IT operational effectiveness or efficiency for BMC customers.
• Advises BMC customers on best practices to implement BMC ITSM solutions.
• Installs, configures and tailors BMC ITSM products to meet BMC customer requirements.
• Integrates BMC products to other BMC products and third-party applications.
• Works with BMC customers to test solutions and transition solution from project team to customer operational team
• Improves the quality and efficiency of the solutions delivered to BMC clients as a means to improve BMC methodologies and consulting business margins.
• Accountable to client for achieving specific outcomes by delivering services as directed by the project manager and technical lead.
• Takes direction and works independently in achieving stated objectives.
• Provide input and feedback to BMC Consulting Practice Development and R&D teams.
Skills and competencies required for the Senior Consultant include:
• Professional consulting experience with a software vendor or consulting firm preferred
• Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship building skills
• Ability to lead BMC Remedy ITSM customer workshops confidently and consult customer on making decisions according to BMC best practices using experiences from working with other customers
• Ability to translate functional/process requirements and into a technical design deliverable
• Strong understanding of the functionality of BMC Remedy ITSM with the ability to demonstrate the product and how it supports best practice processes
• Experience implementing BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, SRM, and Atrium CMDB with customers of varying sizes and industries in a technical role is desired
• Expert technical knowledge of BMC Remedy ITSM, CMDB, SRM, RKM including all configuration options is desired
• Strong technical and functional understanding of integrating BMC Remedy ITSM with other solutions using methods such as API’s and Web Services including:
o Authentication (LDAP and SAML)
o People Data (LDAP, Oracle HR, etc.)
o Event Management
o Discovery Sources
• Understanding of security and connectivity architectures related to remote connectivity to an ITSM solution
• Knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as ITIL Service Delivery processes.
• Ability to advise on organizational change management best practices
• Active DoD Secret clearance or higher desired
• Advanced clearance (TS SCI, Poly)
• Experience delivering software solutions in a government or DoD environment preferred
• 5+ years experience relevant working experience
• BMC Remedy ITSM technical training and certification
• Professional consulting experience for either a consulting firm or software vendor
• Experience implementing BMC solutions and ITIL certification a plus
• BA/BS in computer or engineering related field or equivalent experience
• Ability and Willingness to travel 75%.
• Ability and willingness to do extended international travel highly desirable.
Location of Position:
• Home office based as majority of work is at customer locations (or via remote connectivity)
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Technical Quality Manager (TQM) Job
SAP - United States of America
BTS - Principal Consultant - US Job
SAP - United States of America