Sr Platform Systems Admin - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in San Jose Jose, CA
Sr Platform Systems Admin - USA
Job ID 15674
USA San Jose
Information Services & Technology
5 - 7 Years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
We are seeking an Sr. Platform Systems Admin to join our On-Demand team, to help build and maintain BMC’s cloud platform and solutions.
About the On-Demand Team
The BMC On-Demand team is a critical group in the design, architecture, configuration, maintenance and availability of our On-Demand product portfolio. We work closely with our product teams, architecture and customers to provide the highest levels of availability, service and customer success. Being nice is a requirement and you will be working in a high-speed and collaborative team.
About the Job
* Focused on the implementation of our systems, architectures and automation solutions and systems.
* Work with Windows & Linux systems to host our wide range of products and services
* Work with your peers on datacenter projects, automation, virtualization and storage technologies
* Work closely with our datacenter partners to ensure our systems are scalable, provide internet scale
* Take part in 24/7 on-call rotations
* Responsible for our virtualization and storage solutions
* Working with LDAP, Active Directory, DNS and VLAN technologies
* Experience with automation techniques/technologies including Bladelogic, Chef, Puppet or other automation framework/solution
* Experience with scripting repetitive tasks with Bash, Ruby, Perl, VBScript or PowerShell
* Experience with VMWare ESX hosts and guests
* Experience with Java applications running in Apache Tomcat
* Good understanding of Security and Security practices
* Interested in building a Devops Culture
* Calm under pressure
If you know about the following it’s a plus
* BMC Products including Remedy, BPPM (Patrol), Bladelogic, End User Experience Manager (Coradiant)
* Knowledge of monitoring technologies including agent, agentless, synthetic and real user
* Knowledgeable of networking concepts including load balancers, routers and switching
* Knowledge of EMC VMAX technologies and implementation best practices
* ITIL Practices & Agile methodologies
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Mgr, Customer Support
Aspect Software - Milpitas US, CA
Technical Support Tech
Amazon - Patterson, CA
Senior Data Scientist
Sears Holdings Management Corporation - San Jose, California
Locate this job: