Sr Project Mgr - Consulting Svcs - USA (B) Job Listing at BMC Software in San Jose, CA (Job ID bmcsoftware-23552)
Sr Project Mgr - Consulting Svcs - USA (B)
Job ID 11282
USA San Jose II
7 - 10 Years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That''s why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
Location: Northern CA
- The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of BMC services. Duties include:
- Managing all resources, resolving all service execution issues, managing scope control and cost commitments, risks, meeting deliverables execution and time lines, and keeping the Services Operations Director informed of customer issues as related to the service.
- SPM''s are required to manage key aspects of the service life cycle from the engagement phase and Statement of Work creation through implementation, transition and go-live.
- Work closely with customers and partner''s project teams to support the delivery of BMC?s solutions that help customers implement services based on BMC technologies.
- The SPM may manage multiple large delivery partners at a time and may also perform program management of activities for multiple end-customers concurrently.
- The SPM objective is the achievement of profitable services that meet documented targets for service delivery and contractual commitments
.- Effectively communicate and work with diverse business units, Sales Account Managers, customers, pre-sales, post sales, developers, consultants, partners, and BMC Senior management.
- The SPM applies best practices based on BMC methodologies and industry standards such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and ITIL Service Delivery processes.
- End-to-end management of service delivery including creation of Statements of Work, development of work orders for third-party underpinning contracts, project coordination in conjunction with delivery partners, scope, time, cost, quality, Human Resources, communications, risk, and procurement.
- Perform due diligence and discovery during presales/post sales processes to generate Solution Proposals (Statements Of Work (SOWs), RFP''s, Solution Proposals) and assist in POCs, if applicable.
- Scope and size opportunities by working with customers in defining preliminary business solution requirements (process and product).
- Participate in competitive bid teams and RFP responses.
- Support pre-sales efforts in regard to coordination and planning
.- Define a business solution package including (but not limited to) solution pricing, cost, and resources and deliverables for the project.
- Complete necessary quality reviews for contract delivery (i.e. QA process checks).
- Deliver SOW’s, RFP''s and Solution Proposals to the customer after obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Define required roles and assist in service/project team creation utilizing BMC resources and partners as required for project deliver (aligning resource availability and skills).
- Assist in negotiating and closing BMC contracts that meet revenue and profit margin requirements and appropriate guidelines
.- Commence service delivery process, including execution of the BMC Service Readiness.
- Review, including: SLO set-up; secure resources both internally and from delivery partners; establish service delivery plans; and schedule service review meetings.
- Perform initial risk assessment and document a risk mitigation plans and contingency procedures with the service team and maintain throughout the implementation project.
- Publish and execute a communication plan to all project constituents including customer executive sponsor, customer project team, delivery partner team, BMC account team and BMC management
.- Report implementation project and service status to stakeholders on a weekly basis both verbally and written.
- Validate hours worked, expenses incurred and dollars invoiced to ensure compliance with contract terms and BMC policy.
- Validate proper invoicing techniques and ensure customer invoicing accuracy for work performed.
- Ensure timely entry of time and expense reporting by project consultants.
- Utilize effective change control practices to manage scope, customer expectations, timelines and budgets.
- Enforce and manage all change orders.
- Experience in a project management role or equivalent experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Advanced knowledge of project management lifecycle.
- PMI Certified.
- ITIL certification a plus.
- ITIL v2/V3 Foundations.
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Termporary Real Estate Specialist
KellyMitchell Group - Pleasanton, CA
Embedded SW Support Engineer
KellyMitchell Group - Santa Clara, CA
KellyMitchell Group - Menlo Park, CA
Locate this job: