Sr Software Consultant - ESM - USA (B) Job Listing at BMC Software in United States of America
Sr Software Consultant - ESM - USA (B)
Job ID 15145
USA Office At Home
7 - 10 Years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
The BMC Software Sr. Software Consultant will be responsible for providing support on a unique enterprise level software solution for various customers. Responsibilities include:
• Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities.
• Delivers and customizes technical presentations on BMC products and builds new presentations for use by sales and other software consultants. Explains product capabilities, limitations, and implementation and can describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives
• Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms, operating systems, and application software.
• Identifies and develops innovative solutions to customer requirements. Is also responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of BMC's products vs. our competition.
• Focuses on large and/or complex sales opportunities requiring complex solutions.
• Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows.
• Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFPs. Interacts with clients to clarify requirements and reviews RFP responses for technical accuracy.
• Collects business and technical information from clients regarding requirements.
• Designs and builds customized demonstrations of BMC solutions for prospective clients.
• Installs solutions at client sites as part of Proof of Concept (PoC) or pilot.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
• Substantial experience working in an enterprise-type software consulting, implementation, and training experience a plus.
• Analyze customer needs and implement solutions through research and troubleshooting and recommending a solution.
• Must be willing to travel on average 20% of the time.
• Must have been a pre-sales engineer or equivalent skill for 2+ years.
Desired Skills, Certifications, Competencies
• Experience with customization and configuration of BMC Service Support Products: Remedy ITSM Suite, Service Request Manager, Asset Management, Knowledge Management or similar industry tool sets.
• Current ITIL v3 Foundations Certification preferred
• System administration skills for Windows, Linux Based, and/or Solaris based operating systems.
***Ideal candidate will be located in the NY/NJ/PA Metro areas***
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Principal Project Manager
Invensys - United States of America
Operations Manager II - IHG Army Hotels - Fort Drum
IHG - Fort Drum
PSG Management / Sales Training Program (Floorcovering)
Sherwin-Williams - United States of America
Locate this job: