Sr SW Consultant - ESM - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in United States of America
Sr SW Consultant - ESM - USA
Job ID 9503
USA Office At Home
7 - 10 Years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
The Senior Software consultant role will be responsible for providing support on a unique enterprise level software solution for various customers. Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities.
- Delivers and customizes technical presentations on BMC products and builds new presentations for use by sales and other software consultants. Explains product capabilities, limitations, and implementation and can describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives
- Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms.
- Identifies and develops innovative solutions to customer requirements. Also is responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of BMC's products vs. our competition.
Assist in developing competitive product white papers for use by sales and software consultants
- Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities requiring complex solutions.
- Writes trial plans for prospective clients and provides technical support to these clients.
- Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows.
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFPs. Interacts with clients to clarify requirements and reviews RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Collects business and technical information from clients regarding requirements.
- Designs and builds customized demonstrations of BMC solutions for prospective clients
- Installs solutions at client sites as part of proof of concept or pilot.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of programming, debugging, and optimization on Windows platforms or Unix/Linux platforms
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Substantial experience working in an enterprise-type software consulting, implementation, and training experience a plus
- Project management experience involving software implementation.
- Project management experience involving software implementation
- Professional consulting experience, presentation and character.
- Analyze customer needs and implement solutions through research and troubleshooting and recommending a solution
This position would support the positioning of our Remedy ITSM product family. 3+ years Remedy ITSM (or equivalent) experience is required. A Top Secret clearance, or above, is preferred.
This position should be located in Southern California.
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Client Partner - Platorm & Analytics, West
SAP - United States of America
Services Sales Leader -West Region
SAP - United States of America
IT Project Manager - Manager
Spectraforce - United States of America
Locate this job: