Well Integrity Engineer Job Listing at BP America Inc. in Houston, TX
Job title Well Integrity Engineer
Req ID 41969BR
Sub-category Interventions and Integrity
Countries (State/Region) United States - Texas
Role synopsis BP is the largest US domestic oil producer and proven reserves holder. BP is the largest lease holder in the Gulf of Mexico. We are one of the top producers of oil in the Gulf of Mexico and are on track to increase our activity in this region over the next few years. Our diverse portfolio includes some of the industry's biggest technical challenges as we are the industry leader in ultra-deepwater, ultra-high-temperature high-pressure (HPHT) environments, and deliver some of the world's biggest wells. BP is committed to developing our people in a world class environment while delivering wells in a safe and compliant manner using the latest technology and leading edge capability.
Currently, we have a Well Integrity Engineer opportunity open in the US Gulf of Mexico. The Well Integrity Engineer is accountable for guiding the risk management process for wells in the Gulf of Mexico from an integrity perspective. The engineering activity would include gradient analysis, diagnostic production trend analysis, testing of well safety systems and a solid understanding of deepwater well operations.
Success here is dependent on leveraging the collective efforts of some of the most experienced petroleum engineering and well intervention experts in the world. Joining us and working with multi-disciplinary teams you will deliver engineering guidance regarding well integrity concerns and ensure that responses to well integrity issues are in full compliance with government regulatory guidelines and conformance with internal operating practices.
Key accountabilities - Strong commitment to HSSE and operational safety.
- Good understanding of the 10-Series ETPs, in particular GP 10-65, GP 10-60 and GP 10-45.
- Collaborate with Base Management PEs to plan and analyze well diagnostic results to understand and document well integrity anomalies.
- Plan and schedule risk assessment meetings to quantify well integrity anomalies, characterize the risks associated with well integrity impairments and prepare a management report for approval of a corrective action plan.
- Generate Management of Change (MoC) documentation when required and ensure timely approvals are secured for operating the well.
- Generate official communication to be sent to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE).
- Work closely with Base Management Petroleum Engineers and Regulatory Advisors to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and practices.
- Contribute to the Annual Well Risk Review process.
- Maintain the GoM active well data base.
- Provide technical support to Well Intervention Engineers.
- Capture and share lessons learned with the wider Well Integrity team.
- Communicate and incorporate lessons learned from Well Integrity CoP and inter Regional forums.
Essential Education Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline.
Essential experience and job requirements To be considered for the role of Deepwater Well Integrity Engineer (Gulf of Mexico) applicants must have:
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with a strong track record as a Completion, Drilling or Intervention Engineer for an operator or a major service provider in deepwater and/ or land environments.
Other essential skills and knowledge - Strong, in-depth understanding of well integrity concepts and diagnostic techniques.
- Experience working with dry tree wells, hybrid wells and subsea wells.
- Excellent English communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to process safety and operational risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% for working at offshore field locals; able to ride in a helicopter or boat over water and be transferred via personnel basket to offshore operations. Ability to work in small, confined places, on high platforms, walk on high elevation grating over water, and walk up and down steps.
Desirable criteria & qualifications - IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (OpenWells, Wellcat, Prosper, etc…).
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
Relocation available Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Travel required Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP's Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world's largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
Through Technology we have designed industry leading solutions to drive business delivery and are continuously extending the limits of what we can do. We attract, inspire and retain a diverse talent pool with world class development, deployment and connectivity. Common processes and practices define the way we work, where we strive to make every well better than the previous one.
Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.BP is an equal opportunity employer.
Removal Date 15-Jun-2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Senior Production Engineer
BHP Billiton - Houston, TX
Senior Estimator - Houston
Burns & McDonnell - Houston, TX
SR Electrical & Instrument Engineer - GOM
BHP Billiton - Houston, TX
Locate this job: