Well Integrity Technical Authority, Wells S&OR Job Listing at BP America Inc. in United States of America
Job title Well Integrity Technical Authority, Wells S&OR
Req ID 30548BR
Job category Engineering
Sub-category General Engineering
Countries (State/Region) Angola
United Kingdom - Scotland
United Kingdom - South East
United States - Alaska
United States - Texas
Role synopsis The prime purpose of this role is to support the Area Engineering Authority and Well Integrity SETA by providing assurance for conformance to well integrity related engineering technical practices (ETPs) and Operational Practices (OPs). We have six vacancies which within the operated Onshore, Offshore, Gulf of Mexico and Deepwater Areas.
As Well Integrity Technical Authority, you will be an integral member of the team and you’ll be involved with the the interpretation and application of Well Operation and Barrier Practices within the Regions, through all phases of the wells life from planning to abandonment.
Finally, the successful incumbent will provide assurance for key documentation such as the well Statement of Requirements (SoR), Basis of Design (BoD), Well Handover and Integrity Management System. The position holds a wide remit covering a multi-billion dollar activity set.
Key accountabilities • Advise and guide on the use of company standards, practices and design guidelines as well as industry codes and practices plus local legislation where applicable
• Provide input to all Region Well integrity deviation / extension requests, prior to submission to S&OR
• Agree Well Integrity Management System deviations that do not require an ETP deviation
• Operate as the regional contact for systematic improvement of ETPs based on deviations, BP/Industry learning, & International Standards updates
• Participate in the Community of Practice for Well Integrity
• Provide technical verification for Well Hand Over process as they pertain to well barriers and conformance to BoD and well SoR objectives
• Ensuring global consistency in reporting of well risk profiles, KPIs and Traction reports
• Coaching on application of GP 3.1-0001 (Risk Management)
• Participate in incident investigations
• Support Segment Engineering Technical Authority for Well Integrity within the Region/ Area
• Technical approver for the well Basis of Design for Tier 2 wells
- Assessing the gaps in Well Integrity ETPs for GWO and drawing expertise to improve same
- Building strong relationships within GWO, Resource, Subsea and Operations
- Interface with Operating Authority on requirements of Operating Practices and a key input to the assignment of Safe Operating Envelopes
- Maintaining an understanding of local legislation requirements
- The role is will initially cover multiple Regions within one of the Onshore, Offshore, Deepwater and GoM
- Areas and will report to the designated Area Engineering Authority.
- There will be a networking and collaboration role with the Well Integrity Community of Practice.
Essential Education A degree in Engineering, other subjects will be considered if applicable.
Essential experience and job requirements • A significant number of years’ experience of well engineering with emphasis on Petroleum Engineering and Well Engineering via Well Integrity, Interventions or Completions experience.
• Respected contributor in their field with ability to influence across different business functions.
Desirable criteria & qualifications .
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Safe, reliable operations in BP - including both personal safety and process safety - is of critical importance to the group and are BP's number one priority. The purpose of the Safety and Operational Risk Function (S&OR) is to drive improvements in operational safety, health, environmental performance, security (including crisis management) and integrity management across BP's day-to-day operations. Implemented through operational leadership, S&OR's task is to create throughout the company a sustainable framework and supporting systems to underpin performance improvement, ensure sufficient capability and verify compliance.
Disclaimer If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.BP is an equal opportunity employer.
Segment Corporate & Functions
Removal Date 29-May-2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Business Intelligence Developer-SQL Server
Aspect Software - United States of America
Freelance Senior Presentation Layer Developer
Razorfish - United States of America
Business Systems Consultant 5
Wells Fargo - United States of America
Locate this job: