Director, DC-IP Software Product Management Job Listing at Brocade in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Director, DC-IP Software Product Management
Requisition #: 7870
Function: Data Center & Enterprise Networking Grou
Country: United States
City: San Jose
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Position Type: Employee
Position Level: Professional
Brocade is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Software Product Management lead to drive the Software strategy and product direction for the Data Center IP Business Unit.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for market analysis, software requirements and roadmap, customer/field engagement and technology direction focused on data center Fabrics, IP solutions and Network Virtualization/SDN.
The ability to interface with and influence different cross-functional teams comprising Technical Marketing, Development Engineering, 3rdParty Partners, Marketing/Sales as well as Executive Staff is required. This role also expands to include managing a small team of product line managers
This candidate will be a key member of Brocade’s Product Management leadership team defining the future of Software-defined Data Centers.
* Define overall Market Requirements (MRD) – Future product strategy with sustainable software differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis and market trends.
* Articulate overall Business Unit vision and innovation
* Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
* Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
* Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use.
Experience and Education Required:
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
A Masters degree such as an MBA is preferable.
· 8 - 10 or more years experience in a lead product management role, including developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line.
Networking, communications or virtualization related Company preferred
· A strong technical background with Software expertise
Data Center, IP Networking or Virtualization technologies preferred
· Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, manage trade-offs and articulate the rationale behind product program recommendations.
· Strong customer focus, with a track record of using customer, field and industry analyst input to develop and validate product and business plans.
· A strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
EMC - Santa Clara, CA
Senor Product Manager – Isilon Cloud
EMC - Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Display Process Eng
Amazon - Cupertino, CA
Locate this job: