SAN Technical Support Engineer Job Listing at Brocade in Bracknell
Job Title: SAN Technical Support Engineer
Requisition #: 8014
Function: Technical Support
Country: United Kingdom
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Position Type: Employee
Position Level: Professional
Now is an exciting and pivotal time to join the Brocade team in EMEA. Founded in 1995, Brocade underpins the IT infrastructures of 90% of the Global 1000, providing reliable, high-performance network solutions. Our ground-breaking Ethernet fabric solutions and unique "pay as you go" finance options are enabling the world's leading organisations to transition smoothly to a virtualised world in which applications and information reside anywhere.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer with substantial experience in SAN (Storage Area Networking) to join an industry leader. As a highly experienced engineer you will provide post sales technical support to Brocade OEM's, Partners and End User Customers on Brocade hardware and software products and must be capable of handling high-level escalations at the technical, political and account management level. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a necessity. You will document technical solutions and product information and work in the lab to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations.
* Technical account management for customers and OEMs as required
* Provide remote technical support on Brocade current products, and future Brocade products
* Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve OEM and customer issues
* Define and manage problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to Brocade OEMs and customers.
* Record, update and manage all assigned service requests leveraging Brocades CRM.
* Identify known issues, hardware, and software problems leveraging the Brocade CRM.
* Adhere to Brocades documented escalation guidelines.
* Effectively manage several different tasks simultaneously.
* Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, OEM manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
* Author and review technical support bulletins, technical notes and knowledge base articles.
* Duplicate Field problems. Use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment as necessary. Verify that problems are properly resolved before recommending change to customers.
* Special project assignments from manager
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
* 3 - 5 years' experience as a Technical Support Engineer in the SAN industry
* Experience with Brocade product management applications essential
* Customer service skills
* Brocade Certification or equivalent industry certification is mandatory
* Brocade SAN experience essential
* Comfortable with technical and business English usage ( documents reading, e-mails, conference calls )
* Secondary European language advantageous
As part of our coverage model a regular weekend working day may be necessary (day off in lieu).
Brocade is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin.
Closing date for applications: 24thMay 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in London
View similar jobs:
First Data - Basildon
Oracle Functional Support Specialist
First Data - Basildon
Work from Home Technical Support Advisor
Kelly Services - Fairfax, VA
Locate this job: