Staff SW Engineer @ Vyatta Job Listing at Brocade in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Staff SW Engineer @ Vyatta
Requisition #: 7879
Function: Service Provider
Country: United States
City: San Jose
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Position Type: Employee
Position Level: Professional
Vyatta is looking for a Network Software Engineer who wants to lead the charge in networking. You should have an in-depth understanding of layer 2 and/or layer 3 networking.
A zest for technology and a demonstrated ability to learn new things is essential in this position - you will be working with an exciting combination of security, networking, cloud computing and virtualization technologies. You will also be responsible for interfacing with support and select customers to work on defining and implementing high priority solutions to high profile Business Development use cases.
- Lead the design and implementation of network features to the Vyatta product line,
- working closely with customers, support and product management.
- Drive the productization of new networking technology.
- Participate in system wide architecture definition to ensure consistency across all components.
- Work with beta customers to further refine new features and products.
- Deep and extensive knowledge of network protocols, layer 3 preferred.
- SDN experience a plus.
- Experience with Linux kernel and networking stack
- 5-10+ years C/C++, bash/shell, Perl
-minimum 10 years of experience in a SW Development environment, preferably in the networking industry
- Experience with the University of New Hampshire’s Interoperability Lab and the IETF is a plus
-Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
WiFI ARCHITECT- LOW LATENCY EXPERT
The Judge Group - Sunnyvale, CA
Project Manager Contract
Newell Rubbermaid - Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Quality Engineer(s)
EMC - Santa Clara, CA
Locate this job: