Apply on Company Website
The Environmental Practice of Burns & McDonnell is seeking an experienced and motivated Environmental Engineer to support projects in the Southern California area. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting. The preferred candidate will be someone with at least 8-10 years of experience who can demonstrate a strong balance of technical engineering acumen in the design, construction and operation of remedial systems, and a strong track record of project and client management experience. Candidates must work well in both team settings and independently. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Management, delegation and coordination of projects, and technical overview of projects to meet the needs of both industrial clients and state/local regulatory requirements.
· Maintain compliance with permits for the systems and coordinate operation, maintenance and monitoring for remediation and dewatering systems. · Navigate the regulatory agency process in California.
- Designing of soil and groundwater remediation systems. Understanding human health exposure risk and evaluating site for remediation and/or closure;
- Completing pump test for design of groundwater extraction and treatment system.
- Preparing cost estimates, permit applications, plans and specifications, feasibility studies, and other technical reports.
- Managing project budgets and schedules of various aspects of a project, including selecting and managing subcontractors who are retained for construction or investigation.
- Leadership in the development of client relations to drive business consistent with our local initiatives and tier client focus model and lead the preparation of proposals for new work or add on work for existing projects.
- Involvement with a variety of environmental projects including some or all of the following: landfills, mines, UST/petroleum, roadways, chlorinated solvents, metals, and pesticide sites.
- Development of strong relationships with regulatory agencies and providing advocacy on behalf of our clients
- Demonstrating the ability to establish and sustain relationships with key project and senior management within the organization
- Maintaining clear communication skills with clients and project teams to effectively manage and lead large multidisciplinary projects