Apply on Company Website
Responsible for performing substation engineering services on various projects (from 69 up to765 kV voltage level). Prepare electrical protection and control design deliverables for high and extra high voltage substations (HV and EHV). Assignments may include:
- Design substations utilizing client standards including bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and details, grounding, ground grid, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, and cable lists.
- Prepare calculations and equipment specifications.
- Prepare new and modifies existing relay drawings including relay panel arrangements, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring.
- Executes complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- May develop and evaluate plans for major projects.
- May assess feasibility or soundness of proposed applications when data is insufficient or testing is advisable.
- May coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments. Progressive design and project management responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Some marketing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.