We are currently looking for a Sr Director, Information Technology to join our Global Information Services organization in our Islandia, NY office.Job Overview
This position is responsible for providing vision and leadership and overseeing the management of a group of IT functions to achieve the company's overall IT Network strategy, Including:
- LAN/WAN Technologies (routing, switching, load balancing, wireless, MPLS, etc.)
- Network Security (IPS, IDS, etc.)
- Unified Communications
- Voice Over IP (VOIP)
- Teleconferencing Technologies
- Multimedia Technologies
Minimum Requirements / Skills
- Provide leadership and vision and oversee the management of a group of IT functions. Build teams in alignment with corporate strategies. Subject matter expert in multiple Networking areas mentioned above.
- Research and monitor technological trends and directions, and analyze the organizational use of network technologies (see above) to identify technological opportunities to support CA's business objectives.
- Understand and provide input to the assessment of organizational challenges and global trends; take a long-term view of the possibilities, make decisions and provide input to shape the future for CA's transformational opportunities.
- Contribute to the IT infrastructure roadmap specifically for establishing the global network strategy and technical vision for networking team
- Assist VP with the development of a global networking / telecomm strategy
- Plan and implement, same. Ensure alignment with the company's overall IT and business strategy.
- Provide direction to technical Network staff of approximately 6.
- Motivate, inspire, and lead teams to achieve goals, build capacity to develop and innovate, and creatively manage challenges and changes. Promote teamwork and collaboration. Teach others.
- Partner with the business to align strategy, goals and objectives and stay informed on changing business needs. Own all internal customer interaction of function and coordinate external activity with SVP. Determine and build cross dependencies required.
- Ensure teams stays informed on the latest technology, research best practices within and outside the organization, establish benchmarks, and use continuous process improvement and process framework disciplines to achieve results.
- Fully accountable for achieving financial, strategic, and operating objectives
- Adapt goals based on changes in CA strategy. Plan and execute change initiatives, ensure they are aligned with the desired outcomes.
- Oversee the definition and establishment of effective resource planning and utilization within the team.
- Ensure the acquisition, retention and continuing development of key talent. Provide guidance and teach others.
- Oversee the planning, organization, and management of assignments and operations at the functional level. May also plan and manage assignments of direct reports.
- Monitor staff performance, instill excellence in employee development and performance to attain the highest level of productivity for long-range success.
- Direct teams in the effective evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, ensure selected products and services provide value and satisfy related requisites.
- Manages and develops appropriate talent and skills levels within the network engineering team
- Fully versed in IT operating expense and capital budgets and manage expenditures.
- Typically 12 or more years of increasingly responsible IT experience with 5 or more years of leadership experience.
- Exposure to Cisco Nexus data center products and technologies, a significant plus.
- Excellent management and leadership skills to mobilize and empower teams to achieve results.
- Experience in building scalable, fault tolerant networking infrastructure to support cloud computing.
- Strong understanding of strategic planning capabilities and knowledge of operational strategy and planning.
- Excellent understanding of CA's and IT's global strategies, goals and objectives. Ensures the alignment with team goals.
- Strong communication skills and effective relationship building skills at the senior management level. Strong interpersonal skills such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Proven ability to drive and implement change initiatives within a global organization. Fully capable of researching and teaching concepts and best practices of organizational change management.
- Strong ability to lead multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills based on analysis and assessments of facts.
- Excellent ability to understand the long-term ('big picture') and short term perspective situations. .
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills. Interprets department strategies and services, resolves conflicts, influences outcomes on matters of significance for the division, conducts final negotiations and coordinates approvals/decision making below the executive level. Ability to provide guidance to others.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple IT disciplines and an excellent understanding of software and hardware technology. Keeps up-to-date on technological developments.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new networking technologies.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills to successfully accomplish all aspects of the role.
- Excellent financial skills to effectively develop and manage budgets and control costs.
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree or global equivalent in an IT-related discipline preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program, and Veterinary Care Insurance.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Date posted: 12/06/2013