We are looking for an experienced VP level candidate to work within our internal IT organization in Islandia, NY.
This position is responsible for providing vision and leadership and overseeing the management of an array of IT functions to achieve the company's overall IT strategy.
Work with the SVP in assessing organizational challenges and global trends and provide input to shape the future for CA Technologies' transformational opportunities.Key Responsibilities
Minimum Requirements / Skills
- Partner with the business at the VP level to align strategy, goals and objectives and stay informed on changing business needs. Determine, build, and own all internal and cross dependency interactions of function. Determine and coordinate external interaction with SVP.
- Institute a culture to ensure the team continually stays informed on the latest technology, research best practices within and outside the organization, establish benchmarks, and use continuous process improvement and process framework disciplines to achieve results.
- Fully accountable for achieving financial, strategic, and operating objectives
- Adapt goals based on changes in CA strategy. Ensure change initiatives are planned and executed in alignment with the desired outcomes.
- Oversee effective resource planning and utilization within the team
- Oversee the acquisition, retention and continuing development of key talent.
- Oversee the planning, organization, and management of assignments and operations at the department level.
- Provide a framework and guidance to instill excellence in employee development and performance to attain the highest level of productivity for long-range success.
- Oversee and direct teams in the effective evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, ensure selected products and services provide value and satisfy related requisites.
- Fully versed in IT operating expense and capital budgets and manage expenditures.
- Typically 12 or more years of increasingly responsible IT experience with 7 or more years of leadership experience.
- Proven management and leadership skills to mobilize and empower teams to achieve. Has the ability to build major IT functions/departments from scratch. Is an SME for various functions.
- Proven strategic planning capabilities and knowledge of operational strategy and planning.
- Thorough understanding of CA's and IT's global strategies, goals and objectives. Oversees the alignment with team goals.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and effective relationship building skills at executive and other levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive and implement change initiatives within a global organization and ensure effective organizational change management and best practices are implemented across the business.
- Proven ability to lead, coach, develop and motivate multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven judgment and decision-making skills based on analysis and assessments of facts.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills. Ability to interpret corporate and IT strategies, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes on matters of significance for the corporation, conduct final negotiations and coordinate approvals/decision making at the executive level.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple IT disciplines and an excellent understanding of software and hardware technology.
- Proven planning, organizational and time management skills to successfully accomplish all aspects of the role.
- Proven financial skills to effectively develop and manage budgets and control costs.
- SaaS / Cloud experience preferred, (SFDC).
- ERP experience preferred, (SAP).
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in an IT-related discipline highly preferred. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com.
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Date posted: 12/06/2013