Assignment Desk Editor Job Listing at Cablevision in Norwalk, CT (Job ID cablevision-523169)
Title Assignment Desk Editor
Cablevision Division News 12 Networks
Department Name News Gathering-N12 CT
Job Location CT / Norwalk
Requisition ID 19589BR
Position Type Temporary
Description To coordinate the gathering of news, the generation of story ideas, the scheduling and assignment of coverage, and the delivery of news material to the production team for all News 12 services. Work with news management, producers and reporters to plan well-rounded news coverage. Maintain extensive working files of possible stories, background information and news sources. Gather information about news as it develops and communicate it effectively and accurately to the production team. Collaborate with managers and producers to select stories for coverage and to keep them up to date. Schedule and order facilities including satellite time. Assign and coordinate the distribution of newsgathering equipment. Assist with the scheduling of reporters, truck op/editors/photographers and assignment editors. Take an active role in planning in-depth series and special coverage, acting as a producer or reporter as called for. Work accurately under pressure. Dispatch news crews, maintain schedule logs, deal with telephone story tips, listen to police radios, read newswires and e-mail, and stay in contact with sources in order to stay up to date with breaking news. Write stories when assigned, train less experienced personnel and represent News 12 services in a courteous and professional manner.
Qualifications • The ideal candidate needs a minimum of one year of journalism experience.
• Must have a commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy with an enthusiasm for journalism.
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with general knowledge and interest in local, national and world news.
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills are preferred.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Bachelor s degree with a major in journalism is preferred, minimum 60 college credits required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Area of Interest News/Editorial
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Writing/Editing jobs in Nassau County, NY
View similar jobs:
Talentburst, Inc. - Stamford, CT
Document Control Assistant
Healthplex, Inc. - Uniondale , Ny
Assignment Desk Editor
Cablevision - Woodbury, NY
Locate this job: