Graphic Artist Job Listing at Cablevision in Woodbury, NY (Job ID cablevision-523193)
Title Graphic Artist
Cablevision Division News 12 Networks
Department Name Graphics-N12 LI
Job Location NY / Woodbury
Requisition ID 19597BR
Position Type Temporary
Description News 12 Long Island has an opportunity for someone looking for an entry-level television graphics position. The person will use programs including After Effects, VIZrt, Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, and 3D Studio Max to create vibrant, elegant and intelligent graphics & opens for pre-production, post-production and live newscasts at News 12 Long Island. In collaboration with producers, writers, and other designers, create over-the-shoulder, banner, monitor and full screen graphics for all newscasts. In addition, create opens, transitions, promotional elements, weather graphics and miscellaneous graphic elements for all News 12 productions. Assist with virtual set design, create support materials for marketing and sales as well as operate, maintain and upgrade graphic equipment, software, computers and other equipment. Attend planning meetings and organize graphic strategies for upcoming assignments. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Coordinate team efforts on animations, opens, etc. in the absence of a supervisor.
Qualifications • Experience in graphic arts for television preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects, VIZrt, Maya, and 3D Studio Max.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Illustrator a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate exceptional artistic ability, have a thorough knowledge of computer graphics equipment and techniques and possess excellent spelling skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is required.
• A strong knowledge of local communities, issues and newsmakers a plus.
• Bachelor`s degree or equivalent preferred, minimum 60 college credits required.
• Online demos required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Area of Interest Creative Services
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Art/Design jobs in Nassau County, NY
View similar jobs:
Aerotek - Greenwich, CT
Senior Art Director - 70% Print/ 30% Web
The Creative Group - Stamford, CT
Senior Technical Designer for Baby
24 Seven - Fairfield, CT
Locate this job: