Sr. CMTS Engineer Job Listing at Cablevision in Billings, MT
Title Sr. CMTS Engineer
Cablevision Division Optimum/Bresnan
Department Name Core Systems-Billings
Job Location MT / Billings
Requisition ID 19949BR
Position Type Full Time
Description Basic Purpose:
The role of the Senior Network Engineer is to provide technical guidance to DOCSIS Engineers. They will also work closely with the Engineering Management to select, design and deploy equipment required to support Optimum products. Provide planning, design, capacity management, and deployment of networking equipment in support of the Optimum network. Coordinates cable systems activities with the corporate office, local systems and related departments. Assists in implementing standards to ensure consistency.
• Develop requirements to be used by the vendor community to develop solutions to meet the company's application needs.
• Evaluate various architectural solutions, implementations, and vendors.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer organizations.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with equipment and software vendors.
• Proactively identify other high-speed Internet services and/or capabilities that may be beneficial to customers.
• Develop test plans/cases to be used in verifying documented requirements.
• Participate in / oversee the testing and certification process as needed.
• Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of network equipment used for residential & commercial telephony offerings over DOCSIS.
• Responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of methods, procedures and practices related to the DOCSIS Infrastructure.
• Responsible for assisting with testing and evaluation of networking products and services used in the DOCSIS environment.
• Responsible for planning and implementing all upgrades of CMTS Infrastructure components, including development and presentation (as needed) of clear, comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW) documents to local systems and other affected departments.
• Ensures CMTS functionality in production environment for residential markets. Monitors local systems to include troubleshooting, tuning and maintenance.
Resolves complex VoIP over DOCSIS issues.
• Resolves speed and performance issues when escalated.
• Responsible for DOCSIS equipment configuration management, fault & performance management processes.
• Support of Local System Deployment Processes by executing acceptance plans before activation.
On-call support and point of escalation services 7x24x365.
Qualifications • BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with VoIP technology and PacketCable standards.
• Networking industry certifications desirable (CCxx, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, etc).
• 3 - 6 yrs. of business experience in the Telephony industry, preferable IP Telephony.
• Working knowledge of HFC ("Hybrid Fiber Coax") Broadband network architecture, CMTS access, ("cable modem termination system") PacketCable and DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0. Knowledge of hardware interfaces and user configurable hardware components .
• Knowledge of telephony switching architectures, network design and technology. Experience in technical implementation & support of advanced IP applications over broadband HFC networks.
• Goal-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Personal computer skills, working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing software, and familiarity with the Internet.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, and ability to accomplish tasks through others (delegation, supervision, etc.).
• This is an on call position and candidate must be available via cell phone or pager 7x24 while on call.
Area of Interest Network Management
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Manager of Continuous Improvement #45300
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Florence, AL
MS Companies - Hopkinsville, KY
Talentburst, Inc. - Colorado Springs, CO
Locate this job: