Security at THE ZOO - Full Time Job Listing at Calgary Zoo in Calgary, Alberta
The Calgary Zoo is a conservation leader whose mission is to take and inspire action to sustain wildlife and wild places. As a not-for-profit charitable institution, all revenue is reinvested back into conservation activities at the zoo and around the world.
As an organization, we value effective and collaborative communication and honesty and integrity with an emphasis on customer focus, safety and conservation. If you would like to be part of this team, we have the following full-time or part-time positions available in our Security department:
• Daily interaction with guests, members of the public and Zoo patrons.
• Monitor security control centre, including CCTV, Card Access System, Gate controls, Building Management systems.
• Answer public inquires.
• Foot and vehicular patrols of a 125-Acre site.
• Mechanical system inspection and minor preventative maintenance tasks.
• Provide emergency first aid.
• Individual Licence in Security Services is required (issued by the Government of Alberta - in compliance with the Security Services and Investigators Act).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Solid understanding in the operation of electronic security systems and software.
• Current in First Aid and CPR.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in security operations would be an asset but not necessary. Will provide training.
• Understanding of building mechanical and life safety systems.
• Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license with no more than 6 demerit points. Abstract required.
• Clear criminal background. Must submit to CPIC background check.
• Extremely high degree of customer service skills.
• Shift work, consisting of 12 hour shifts.
• Shift schedule includes weekends, night shifts and statutory holidays.
• Prolonged periods of exposure to the elements.
• Excellent vision and hearing required.
• Daily on–grounds mobility required. Extended periods of walking and some heavy lifting requirements.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a covering letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
Apply to this job
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Services Account Manager, Toronto Job
SAP - Toronto, Canada
Territory Manager - Sales - Greater Montreal Area
Kellogg - Quebec, Canada
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief
Canada Post - Yellowknife, Canada
Locate this job: