The specialist will coordinate production of internet merchandise, photography, and copy in preparation for new promotion launches ensuring marketing message changes are clear, accurate, and on schedule.
This person will focus on building upon the marketing and merchandising, search engine optimization as well as prospect with emphasis on development of cooperative marketing programs, which will support incremental revenue for the Canon Online Store.
Reporting to the Online Marketing Supervisor, the Marketing and Merchandising Specialist helps to develop and execute ecommerce merchandising and marketing strategies that focus on site productivity, getting maximum product engagement, search engine optimization, conversion and maximizing sales.
- Merchandise products of the Canon Online Store to optimize product awareness and desirability to drive sales. This includes but is not limited to developing product and offer copy, promoting cross-sell and upsell opportunities, site content and product photography.
- Support the execution of product promotions across various online channels (Email, Banner, Affiliate, Search, Social) ensuring that promotions receive proper channel exposure in a cohesive manner.
- Review and analyze results of promotion programs and evaluate effectiveness, offering suggestions for improvements to drive traffic and conversion rates.
- Secure necessary reviews and approvals for all marketing components and proactively follow up to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Support and execute SEO strategies for the Canon Online Store site. Develop content that targets keywords and phrases that are being search by the end user.
- Research industry trends and competitors activities to make recommendations for marketing strategy, site design, and new product development.
- Conduct Monthly reporting and analysis and distribute to management.
- Define, refine, implement and maintain the eCommerce strategy, standards, best-practices and functionality to create a consistent and exceptional customer experience.
- Manage relationships with agencies, oversee execution of all initiatives, prioritize and manage projects to timelines, budget, and resources
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and with all department units on a regular basis regarding marketing promotions and results
- Perform ad hoc marketing duties as needed.
- 3+ years relevant ecommerce merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
- Experience and understanding of SEO strategies and tactics is a plus
- Experience with online performance tracking tools such as IBM analytics (Formerly Coremetrics), Google Analytics and webtrends
- Strong Proficiency using Microsoft Excel (reporting)
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with ecommerce KPI’s and analytics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to manage expectations.
- Pro-active, self-starter with an ability to identify issues and areas of opportunity
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and excellent verbal and written communicator.
Company Overview: Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
Canon U.S.A's extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office