Apply on Company Website
This position develops and delivers educational programming in the Canon USA Hollywood Professional Technology and Support Center . It supports our Canon Live Learning efforts by teaching classes and workshops in the field and by assisting in the development of educational content and supporting materials. This position will also liaise with subject matter experts in the field and our Canon Digital Learning Center website team in the development of online content.
Based in Hollywood, Calif., you will develop and deliver educational programs. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your experience in film and video production and combine it with the excitement of working with advanced professional equipment.
Working with industry professionals, cinematographers, advanced amateurs, and other clients, deliver classroom training and workshops in the field and assist in the development of educational content. This position will liaise with subject matter experts in the field and our Canon Digital Learning Center website team in the development of online content. Using your film/TV production and technology expertise, develop high level of product, workflow, competitor and industry awareness in the film/TV production and technology
- Work with management to develop product, workflow and creative concepts for live training, presentations and supporting material. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent with minimum 3 years of related Film/Video production and product training experience required.
- Post production/Non Linear Editing (NLE) familiarity. Mainstream NLEs, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Avid desired.
- Working knowledge of Canon EOS products.
- Requires expertise in the operational, positioning and competitive aspects of Canon’s professional imaging products, specifically:
- Canon Cinema EOS digital cinema cameras, lenses and associated workflow
- EOS digital SLRs and EF Lenses
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills including technical writing.
- Effective professional presentation skills.
- Maintain positive business level relationships with dealer, key clients and subject matter experts
- Ability to handle, use and talk about imaging equipment, i.e., cameras, lenses, projectors.
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends; some overnight travel required.
- Requires a current and valid driver’s license.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
Canon U.S.A's extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.