IT Retail Project Manager Job Listing at Carters, Inc. in Atlanta, GA
Carter's, Inc.(NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns theCarter'sandOshKosh B'goshbrands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 600 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line.Carter'sis headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you,Count on Carter's.
The IT Project Manager reports directly to the VP Retail IT with a dotted line to the PMO (for best practice and standard processes and reporting).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: leading new systems development including all aspects of effective project management from ideation, design, RFP creation and evaluation, vendor selection through development, testing, change management and deployment.
The winning candidate will have a thorough understanding of retail and will lead conversations/workshops with the business to identify, describe, define and deliver the project plan, budget, resource requirements to ensure ROI is achieved.
He/She must collaboratively with the Retail community, other analysts/project managers, 3rd party vendors, software engineering teams and the IT technical teams to provide timely problem resolution.
Description of Responsibilities
* Provide technical input during the selection, design, development and testing of related hardware and software.
* Be Project Manager for the implement of new/enhancements to Retail Systems.
* Define and/or modify procedures to solve complex problems taking into consideration equipment capacity/limitations, operating time and desired results.
* Assist in the installation and configuration of systems.
* Understand and help define/refine the system and data needs of the Retail Business.
* Understand the Retail Business needs and issues.
* Proactively seek ways to enhance the Retail Systems performance by identifying strengths/weaknesses and suggesting areas of improvement.
* Perform on-going trend and problem analysis.
Scope of Work
* This position reports directly to the VP IT Retail and has no direct reports.
* Serves as a Project Manager for various Retail project initiatives.
* Has a special relationship with other groups as a responsibility of this position
* Work with the retail business and the field organization to understand, identify and develop solutions to meet their needs/requirements.
* Work with the IT Departments in GA regarding general network/system problems, equipment, server interfaces and user ID issues.
* Work with third party vendors to ensure contracted service levels are achieved and maintained.
* Provide on-going support, maintenance, development and future enhancements for all associated Retail Store Systems.
* Examples of systems include but are not limited to: POS, Sales Audit, Price Management, Credit/Debit/Gift Card authorizations, CRM, Returns Management, polling, Merchandising, Promotional Events and others as need to support the Retail Systems requirements.
* Note: The majority of Retail Projects include BI reporting/Analysis – experience in BI is highly beneficial.
* 5-7 years of Project Management experience.
* Work independently to bring issues to resolution.
* Ensure that tasks/testing/projects are completed on time, on budget and that delays or impact to agreed upon timelines are communicated clearly to management.
* Establishes responsible deadlines, personal work plans and manages times time effectively.
* Work effectively with/within the guidelines provided by the corporate PMO.
* Prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
* Work with the business/IT team to identify, design, develop, document, test and train all new functionality.
* Participate in the installation and implementation (plan, design, develop, test, document and train) of all new in-store system solutions, interfaces and upgrades.
* Work with the Network and Retail IT community to help manage the maintenance of all Retail Store Systems.
* Prepare activity report regarding progress and results of projects.
* Willingness to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs.
* Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
* Actively seeks training and development opportunities to further their knowledge and stays current with changes and new ideas within Retail Systems.
* Keeps his/her superior informed of all matters of importance and particularly those instances where deviations from planned results are likely to occur.
Thank you for your interest inCarter's.Carter'sis an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keyword: IT, Information Technology, Project Manager
From: Carters, Inc
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Store Management GA Stone Mountain
CVS Caremark - Stone Mountain, GA
Spectraforce - atlanta, GA
KellyMitchell Group - ATLANTA, GA
Locate this job: