Manager Merchandising and Allocation Systems Job Listing at Carters, Inc. in Atlanta, GA (Job ID carters-141769)
Carter's, Inc. (NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 600 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's.
The Manager of Merchandising and Allocation Systems reports to the Director Merchandising Systems and interfaces with the Retail User Community in Atlanta Georgia, providing on-going project management, systems support, maintenance, and development. In addition to working closely with all Retail personnel, the manager works closely with many personnel in the IT department in Griffin, Georgia, and third party vendors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to - Managing 1-2 business analysts and a 3rd party service contract in support of: Merchandising systems and Allocation systems and managing the definition of business requirements; evaluation/selection/installation/implementation of packaged software; and creating/testing/training for new reports; conversion of data and interfaces; and problem research and resolution. Scope of activities covers new systems development/implementation, and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems.
Major Position Responsibilities:
* Employ project management, analytical, and design skills to help define/refine the information needs of the Retail Division.
* Pro-actively seek ways to enhance the Retail Division’s performance through enhanced information and the information infrastructure.
* Exhibit a working knowledge of the Retail industry, Epicor Merchandising and JDA Allocation Applications.
* Manage the Merchandise and Allocations systems as well as the interface with related systems.
* Act as project manager and participate as a key member of the Retail Systems support team to insure a high quality information infrastructure for Carter’s.
* Work under tight deadlines and take a proactive stance in developing work schedules in conjunction with client community requirements.
* Develop working knowledge of new open systems such as Oracle and SQL Server.
Accountability and Authority:
* This position reports directly to the Director Merchandising Systems and has 1-2 direct reports and responsibility for managing a JDA Service agreement.
* Serves as a member of the Retail Systems Leadership Team.
* Work with Retail client community, in both Atlanta and the field, to determine their needs and resolve problems.
* Work with IT Department in Griffin, GA regarding all general system issues/problems.
* Work with third party software companies including but not limited to JDA, Epicor, and all service providers to resolve problems and implement new systems.
* Works independently with minimal supervision.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
* Oversee the research and resolution of all on-going Retail system problems in a timely manner.
* Work with the Retail user community to identify, design, develop, document, test, and train all new Retail reports and interfaces.
* Work with the Retail user community to identify requirements and evaluate all new host and in-store Retail System solutions and interfaces, and document all new procedures relating to system use. Manages the installation, and implementation (plan, design, develop, convert, test, document, and train) of new host and in-store system solutions, interfaces, and upgrades.
* Work with the Network Group and the Retail user community to help manage the maintenance of all Retail systems information.
* Manage all Merchandising interface processing. Work with operations in Griffin, Georgia to ensure jobs are submitted and executed daily. Take part in on-call rotation to resolve operational problems (nights and weekends).
* Work with the Griffin, Georgia IT staff, Epicor and JDA to ensure all user hardware/software operates properly.
* Determine and deliver the project portfolio for the Merchandising and Allocation areas.
Other duties and responsibilities (non-essential):
* Provides input to department policies and procedures.
* Participates in specific seminars and user conferences, etc.
General Managerial Responsibilities
* Understands and supports the Company’s goals and objectives, and makes certain that his/her actions and decisions, as well as those of his/her subordinates, are consistent with them.
* Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of his/her department or area of responsibility to facilitate the attainment of company objectives, including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and safety.
* Recommends the establishment of objectives, policies, procedures, and controls for his/her functional area, consistent with company objectives and goals. Explains policies to his/her subordinates.
* Recommends changes in organization structure and job descriptions to best accomplish the objectives of his/her area of responsibility.
* Plans the immediate and long-term staffing needs of his/her area of responsibility and selects and trains his/her immediate subordinates. Recommends or approves changes in the compensation of his/her subordinates; also recommends or approves their transfer, promotions, or discharge, within the limits of his/her authority as delegated by his/her superior without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
* Explains to his/her subordinates their responsibilities, authority, accountability, and relationships in the organization. Establishes standards of performance and work goals for them to achieve.
* Evaluates the performance and potential of his/her subordinates. Coaches them to be proficient on their present assignment and prepares them for future advancement.
* Provides enlightened supervision so as to promote efficiency while maintaining the morale of his/her subordinates.
* Audits and evaluates the performance of his/her functional area of responsibility in the organization and takes or recommends whatever action is necessary to ensure that objectives and goals are achieved efficiently.
* Keeps his/her superior informed of all matters of importance and particularly those instances where deviations from planned results are likely to occur.
* Coordinates his/her own area of responsibility with that of others so that maximum cooperation is assured.
* Constantly strives to broaden his/her awareness and knowledge of management principles and practices in general, and his/her functional area in particular.
* Performs whatever responsibilities and duties that are assigned by his/her superior.
* Unless otherwise indicated in this position description, recommendations requiring approval are made to the manager’s immediate superior
* Bachelors degree in an appropriate field. Outstanding experience may be substituted for formal education.
* Five to ten years of experience in business information systems, preferably in the Retail arena.
* Several years experience in the Retail business. This experience may be in Retail management or in information systems management.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional, competent, and confident manner.
* Organized team player proficient in the use of PC’s in a Microsoft Windows environment (EXCEL, WORD, POWER POINT, ACCESS), as well as experience with various report archiving and report writing tools.
* JDA Enterprise Planning experience is highly desirable.
* Experience with Assortment Planning systems is highly desirable.
* Demonstrates proficiency in project management and analysis.
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to react to problems quickly and understand complex issues.
Thank you for your interest in Carter's. Carter's is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today.
Keyword: Merchandising, Allocation
From: Carters, Inc
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Wfa Fa Trainee (lo) 1
Wells Fargo - Alpharetta, GA
Senior Product Development Manager Digital Life
AT&T - Atlanta, GA
Financial Crimes Spec 2 part time
Wells Fargo - Atlanta, GA
Locate this job: