Sales Tax Accountant Job Listing at Carters, Inc. in Atlanta, GA
Carter's, Inc.(NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns theCarter'sandOshKosh B'goshbrands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 600 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line.Carter'sis headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you,Count on Carter's.
* Manage sales and use tax audits, including scheduling audits, preparation of responses to auditor’s information request that support our filing position, and timely settlements.
* Manage sales and use tax compliance function for all domestic entities
* Maintain and update sales tax rates for our retail stores and eCommerce business
* Determine the amount of sales and use tax that the company is required to pay monthly , using information gathered from the POS retail system, E-commerce system, fixed asset system, and general ledger
* Identify circumstances where the Company’s POS system is not collecting the appropriate amount of sales tax.
* Communicate with retail stores, Sales Audit, POS, eCommerce, Retail IT and Retail Operations to develop process improvements resulting in the collection of the correct amount of sales tax.
* Maintain appropriate Sales Tax Exemption Certificates as appropriate to mitigate the Company’s risk.
* File all appropriate GST tax returns on exports sales to Canada.
* Supervise one tax associate with responsibility for sales tax compliance and personal property tax compliance
* Communication with tax and financial reporting team in different physical locations.
* Knowledge of applicable sales and use tax laws in multiple jurisdictions
* Use of Excel features, including Sorts, Pivots, Filters, and lookup capabilities
* Ability to adhere to inflexible deadlines for tax reporting
* Strong computer skills,
* Bachelor's degree in accounting
* 5+ years experience in accounting and/or taxation
Thank you for your interest inCarter's.Carter'sis an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keyword: Tax Accountant, accounting
From: Carters, Inc
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Accounting jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accountemps - ATLANTA, GA
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accountemps - Atlanta, GA
Verification Patient Account Rep
Fresenius Medical Care - Kennesaw, GA
Locate this job: