Commissary Manager (Ex.) Goochland Job Listing at Centric Group in Goochland, VA
Consumer Products, Food, Beverage & Tobacco
Commissary Manager (Ex.) Goochland
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Goochland, VA
Last Updated: 10/29/2012
Keefe Group, through its affiliates Keefe Supply Company, Keefe Commissary Network (KCN) and Access Securepak, is the nation’s leading supplier of food, personal care products, electronics and clothing to the correctional commissary market. An industry leader since 1975, Keefe has pioneered the evolution of products and packaging to fit the unique requirements of commissaries nationwide.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Manage all aspects in providing commissary operations and services to the correctional facility (ies).
• Manage all aspects of supervising, training, scheduling and disciplining commissary staff.
• Manage and account for all aspects of on-site inventory control including ordering, receiving, stocking product, and processing orders.
• Ensure all employees know and follow all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the correctional facility.
• Ensure commissary menus and order forms are distributed to our customers in accordance with the approved schedule.
• Collect and process completed order forms.
• Resolve and respond to all inmate grievances within 48 hours of receipt.
• Ensure all credited product is returned back into inventory properly.
•Advise KCN Manager of any changes to the approved schedule.
• Perform and report weekly audit of high security items.
• Maintain an open relationship and act as a liaison with Department of Corrections and Keefe Commissary Network.
• Attend weekly, monthly, quarterly Department of Corrections staff meetings at the correctional site as required.
• Process weekly time sheets for submission to payroll and maintain attendance calendars and employee files for on-site staff.
• Perform required Employee Performance reviews for commissary staff.
• Maintain all KCN areas/equipment/products in a neat, clean, and orderly manner and maintain American Correctional Association & American Jail Association standards/guidelines when applicable
• Attend required annual on-site security classes and remain current in required certifications.
• Ensure all employees follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Personnel Policies and Benefits Summary and the KCN Best Business Practices Guide.
• Complete miscellaneous duties assigned by KCN Management
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels.
• Requires strong supervisory skills: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Ability to work in a correctional environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
• Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently or within a team
•Familiarity with inventory management
• Familiarity with computers (including Microsoft Office programs)
• Must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Must qualify for correctional facility security clearance
• Must pass drug screening test
• Must pass background check, credit check and MVR check
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Richmond, VA
View similar jobs:
Cintas - Chester, VA
Registration Rep - Night shift
Community Health Systems - Petersburg (Richmond region), VA
Certified Forklift Operator
Kelly Services - South Chesterfield, VA
Locate this job: