Software Engineer (Business Intelligence Developer) Centric Corp. Job Listing at Centric Group in St. Louis, MO
Consumer Products, Food, Beverage & Tobacco
Software Engineer (Business Intelligence Developer) Centric Corp.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Last Updated: 02/16/2013
Location: Centric Group Corporate
Reports to: Manager, Application Development
Description of Duties:
A. General Summary or Function:
The BI Developer will be responsible for identifying, designing, building, testing, optimizing, and maintaining the entirety of BI Microsoft Stack with emphasis on, but not limited to, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Pivot Tables and SharePoint dashboards. The strong candidate must be familiar with data warehousing with an emphasis in Kimball methodology. Additionally, the candidate will perform system integration and deployment activities, prepare system support documentation, and document program and system functions.
B. Specific Summary or Function: Include the following although other duties may be assigned.
• Develop operational, financial and management reports through the use of enterprise reporting tools in the Microsoft BI stack.
• The ability to work as Technical Business Analyst, to read, interpret and develop reports from requirements documents.
• Analyze and test report results to ensure 100% accuracy.
• Develop analytics as needed for data quality, trends, etc.
• Create MS SQL Reporting Services reports, T-SQL ETL packages, pivot tables, and use PowerPivot
• Integrate and customize SharePoint Dashboards, utilizing KPIs, graphs and charts.
• Maintain knowledge of business processes, cross-functional relationships and their use of information.
• Work with business representatives to identify areas for improvement for reporting.
• Work with data warehouse team on design of data mart and reporting data sets as needed.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the overall reporting infrastructure as needed
• Strong SQL background & understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structures.
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse/data visualization tools.
• Ability to work on multiple assignments at a time.
• Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager.
Qualification Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
A. Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from four year college or university and three years of related experience in business intelligence development OR eight years of related experience in business intelligence development, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Industry certification in related disciplines is desired.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team oriented environment.
• Experienced in MDX and supporting OLAP in a production environment.
• Experienced in SharePoint dashboard development using Performance Point.
• Expert skills in SSRS 2008R2 +.
• Expert skills in Excel 2010, as front-end analytical/ reporting interface.
• Experience and ability to create end to end BI solutions from source to user.
• Ability to identify, design, build, test, optimize, and maintain MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
• Advanced skills in TSQL and relationship data warehousing.
• Process oriented, comfortable owning projects and deadlines.
• Self-starter with the ability to identify actionable steps towards completing objectives.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must pass required Background Check and Drug Test.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Saint Louis, MO
View similar jobs:
GSM O Network Systems Engineer Intermediate DIRECT LABOR
AT&T - COLLINSVILLE, IL
Sr. Network Design Architect
The Judge Group - St. Louis, MO
Belcan - St. Louis, MO
Locate this job: