Information Technology Specialist Job Listing at CGI in 29 Palms, CA (Job ID J0214-0848)
CGI Federal is looking for an Information Technology Specialist to work in our 29 Palms, CA location. The IT Specialist administers the MCTOG enterprise network operating services crucial to hosting simulation, C4I, and collaborative services. The servers provide MCTOG the ability to imitate COC and Battle Staff Operations conducted throughout service, joint, and coalition environments. IT Specialists also develop and administer MCTOG clients and images. The image is the medium in which staff, augments, and students alike access the programs and applications of the MCTOG enterprise. Following the establishment of the network / enterprise, the IT Specialists are imperative to the operation and maintenance of all services rendered on MCTOG Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) and Exercise Network server farms and Continuity of Operations (COOP) server farm. Duties include:
Install new software versions on application servers.
* As part of the installation process, ensure that the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are in the delivery of enterprise, data, and network services.
* Install Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and ensure that the network elements, encryption devices, operating system, and application servers are Information Assurance (IA) compliant.
* Operate and maintain the Secure Internet Protocol Routing (SIPR) and Non-Secure Internet Protocol Routing (NIPR) server farm for MCTOG; this includes the Continuity of Operations (COOP) server farm.
* Perform nightly, weekly and monthly backups.
* Rehearse recovery procedures at times determined by IAM to ensure any restore can be accomplished as quickly as possible.
* Backup all MCTOG enterprise servers IAW MCTOG SOPs.
* Plan, implement, operate, and maintain (PIOM) virtual machines (VM) operating systems (e.g. Government off the Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS)) that act as application server platforms and deploys into production, as required.
* Coordinate and schedule all outages of application servers.
* Configure and optimize network servers and associated encryption technologies.
* Install, operate, and upgrade network management software used to monitor server capacity and performance.
* Identify and develop training unit requirements, develop logical diagrams from requirements, and validate and update diagrams as required.
* Based on communication and data plans, build and operate tactical data services; install, configure, test, maintain, and upgrade servers and client Support configuration manager in technical backup and restore processes for all network element and Quality of Service (QOS) configuration files and Internet Operating Systems.
* From data plan, configure, operate, modify, and maintain logical domain using MS Active Directory.
* Support help desk manager by providing trouble call resolution and reporting IAW the Helpdesk SOP.
* Provide systems administration (update, patch, backup, restore) for MCTOG employed Windows Enterprise Servers and Linux Operating Systems.
* Execute back-up and restore services for all user data on Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage devices as well individual servers.
* Configure and install virtual network interface cards for GOTS and COTS application servers
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 7 years of directly related work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
* Possession of an ACTIVE SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; US Citizenship is required.
* Operational Experience: U.S. Marine strongly preferred.
* Minimum of three (3) years' experience in data communications and networking within a military communications unit.
* Knowledgeable in Information Assurance (IA) and incident response to identify recommendations to facilitate safeguards, e.g., KG-175s.
* Knowledgeable in digital communication networks (classified [SIPR] and unclassified [NIPR]) employed in support of military operations.
* Knowledgeable in network management (troubleshooting, escalation, isolation, problem solving, solution generation), SAN configuration, operation, maintenance, backup, and database administration.
* Knowledgeable of tactical Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems used by the MCTOG Command and Control (C2) and Simulation Architecture(s).
* Certifications required (from DODINST 8570): * Comp TIA A+ or Network + , Comp TIA Security+, MCTS Exchange Server, Microsoft Certified IT Professional Desired
Desired knowledge of integrating systems and applications across the SIPR and NIPR networks in order to support data paths to include the integration of multiple protocol QOS applications to improve network efficiencies.
Desired knowledge in the following servers and applications, including, but are not limited, to the following:
* MS 2003/2008 Enterprise server
* Windows SharePoint Site 3.0 SharePoint 2007
* Exchange 2007
* SQL Server 2005 or newer
* ESX 2
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Desired Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or Electrical Engineering preferred
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Solutions Manager III - Foundry
Ericsson - California
CTG - San Luis Obispo, CA
AV Embedded Systems Engineer
Ericsson - California
Locate this job: