Broker - Series 7 Licensed Job Listing at Charles Schwab Corporation in Englewood, CO
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
**Important note-In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You willnotbe considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore,please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again. **
LIFE AS A BROKER:
Our financial professionals inspire client loyalty by being the “voice of Schwab” for our clients, supporting and complimenting our Branch partners who are the “face of Schwab”. Our Service Centers handle over 9.5 Million calls annually, whereby you will build personalized relationships with our clients by addressing their need(s) first and then asking questions to learn what other products, services, or guidance may be appropriate for them based on their financial goals. Our team members receive extensive training and internal support that allows them to be successful in service delivery, conducting thorough needs-based conversations that build long-term relationships with our clients.
For more information about life at Schwabclick here.
As aLicensed Brokerin our Client Service & Support (CS&S) organization, you will service our diverse clients’ brokerage needs via inbound calls and emails in order to build and maintain client loyalty. Prior to actively using your Series 7 & 63 licenses, you will receive extensive training and internal support that allows our Licensed Brokers to establish a strong understanding of Schwab’s products and services in order to be successful in their roles.
As a Licensed Broker, you will:
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients via the phone, taking approximately 30 to 60 inbound calls per day (this is not a face-to-face position).
* Respond to client inquiries including cost basis information, cashiering functions, letters of authorization, powers of attorney, product knowledge support and expanding client experience.
* Assess and resolve client issues, helping them navigate Schwab’s investment products and services including stocks and options, bonds and fixed income, mutual funds, ETFs, CDs & money markets, margin loans, and annuities.
* Place trades and provide investment education to our clients to empower them to make well-informed financial decisions.
* Uncover business development opportunities and respond to research requests.
* Be part of an environment where you would collaborate with others on a small team of 10-15 Schwab professionals to resolve complex client inquiries and knowledge of Schwab products and services.
* Licensed Brokers are paid a salary (rather than the pressure of commissions), and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance. The base salary will be commensurate with prior experience in the brokerage industry.
Please note: Depending upon your background and experience, we may hire for
this position at the Associate (54), Specialist (55), or Senior Specialist (56) level.
* Active FINRA Series 7 & 63 (or 66) licenses
* Demonstrated passion for service and financial markets; strong client-focus and the desire to build relationships during each interaction.
* Able to use active listening skills and focus on non-verbal cues to better understand the client’s needs and motivations; able to empathize with others' needs and respond sensitively; able to use good judgment when responding, and take action in order to successfully meet the client’s objectives.
* Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to proactively identify solutions to client financial needs.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Proven work ethic with a high level of integrity to build trust with our clients and colleagues.
* Proactive outlook demonstrated by taking ownership and displaying initiative.
* Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team environment.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen and explain complicated subjects, build quality, long-term relationships, and conduct needs-based conversations with a variety of clients.
* Established technical skills with the ability to easily utilize multiple applications simultaneously.
* Able to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve.
* Welcome to feedback for continuous improvement.
* Able to use intermediate math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, along with intermediate data entry/typing skills.
* Able to work in a structured schedule and a variety of shifts, which may include market (M-F daytime) hours, late nights, early mornings, and/or weekends as pre-determined by business need.
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area (preferred).
* High school diploma/GED required.
* At least 1 year work experience required. Brokerage services, banking, operations, client support, call center, hospitality, or retail (preferred).
* Two or more years experience in brokerage services utilizing a Series 7 license is aplus. (preferred, and may be required depending on the level of the role hired into)
This role is located in the Schwab office at9401 E. Panorama Circle in Englewood, CO. This office is in the Denver Tech Center, at I-25 and Dry Creek, near the RTD Light Rail line and Park Meadows Mall.
Schwab leader innovation expanding open-minded engaged specialty unique challenging skill-enhancer opportunity conservative professional caring service relationships caring service relationships professional knowledgeable customer service low or no fees great research tools friendly co-workers denver love for the markets 5+ years experience customer service friendly co-workers volatility knowledge growth ethics integrity opportunity opportunity dynamic reputation education growth service support opportunity loyalty satisfaction detail customer professional opportunity interest care environment supportive reputation history teamwork empathy learning environment enjoyment interest extensive in-depth supportive
Location: CO - Englewood
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Expiration Date: Friday, May 24, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Personal Banker (safe) 1
Wells Fargo - Westminster, CO
Wells Fargo - Greeley, CO
Sr Business Relationship Mgr
Wells Fargo - Denver, CO
Locate this job: