Broker Trainee Program Job Listing at Charles Schwab Corporation in Englewood, CO
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
**Important note-In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You willnotbe considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore,please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again. **
LIFE AS A BROKER TRAINEE:
Our financial professionals inspire client loyalty by being the “voice of Schwab” for our clients, supporting and complimenting our Branch partners who are the “face of Schwab”. Our Service Centers handle over 9.5 Million calls annually, whereby you will build personalized relationships with our clients by addressing their need(s) first and then asking questions to learn what other products, services, or guidance may be appropriate for them based on their financial goals. Our team members receive extensive training and internal support that allows them to be successful in service delivery, conducting thorough needs-based conversations that build long-term relationships with our clients.
For more information about life at Schwabclick here.
As aFinancial Professionalin our Client Service & Support (CS&S) organization, you will be expected to become a licensed broker by obtaining Series 7 & 63 licenses in a specified period of time. These licenses, and all required training, are paid for and provided by Schwab on your behalf. In order to learn the business and to accommodate your training, during your first several months of employment with Schwab, you will function as a Client Service Representative (CSR).
As a CSR, you will:
§ Assist Schwab clients in navigating our products and services, and respond to client inquiries including account servicing, cost basis information, and product knowledge support.
§ Demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem-solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients via the phone, taking approximately 30 to 60 inbound calls per day (this is not a face-to-face position).
§ Leverage advanced desktop technology and business partners to find fast and effective ways to serve the spectrum of client needs.
§ Engage in ongoing training and professional development activities focused on enhancing your technical skills and expanding your knowledge base.
§ Collaborate with others on a team of 10 -15 professionals to resolve complex client inquiries, and develop knowledge of Schwab products and services.
Upon licensing, you will be expected to continue to do the items above, as well as:
§ Engage clients in needs-based dialogue to identify opportunities to use Schwab products and services to meet the client’s financial objectives.
§ Place trades, discuss market conditions and trends, provide investment information and education to clients, and respond to research requests.
§ Discuss financial products that meet client needs and proactively uncover business development opportunities.
Brokers are paid a starting salary of$40,000(rather than the pressure of commissions), and receive additional compensation from overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance.
Those hired into the Broker Program are hired under aCondition of Employment(COE) to obtain Series 7 and 63 broker licenses within a specified time period. This means that if you do not successfully complete the licensing requirement, you may be subject to termination. To be considered for the program, Broker candidates must pass anindustry-standard screening testwhich indicates the likelihood of passing the Series 7 examination. If you do not successfully pass this test, you will not be considered for this program. This test is administered on-site at a Schwab location, and you will be invited to take the test if you meet initial qualifications.
* Demonstrated passion for service and financial markets; strong client-focus and the desire to build relationships during each interaction.
* Able to use active listening skills and focus on non-verbal cues to better understand the client’s needs and motivations; able to empathize with others' needs and respond sensitively; able to use good judgment when responding, and take action in order to successfully meet the client’s objectives.
* Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to proactively identify solutions to client financial needs.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Proven work ethic with a high level of integrity to build trust with our clients and colleagues.
* Proactive outlook demonstrated by taking ownership and displaying initiative.
* Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team environment.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen and explain complicated subjects, build quality, long-term relationships, and conduct needs-based conversations with a variety of clients.
* Established technical skills with the ability to easily utilize multiple applications simultaneously.
* Able to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve.
* Welcome to feedback for continuous improvement.
* Able to use intermediate math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, along with intermediate data entry/typing skills.
* Able to work in a structured schedule and a variety of shifts, which may include market (M-F daytime) hours, late nights, early mornings, and/or weekends as pre-determined by business need.
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area (preferred).
* High school diploma/GED required.
* At least 1 year work experience required. Brokerage services, banking, operations, client support, call center, hospitality, or retail (preferred).
This role is located in the Schwab office at9401 E. Panorama Circle in Englewood, CO. This office is in the Denver Tech Center, at I-25 and Dry Creek, near the RTD Light Rail line and Park Meadows Mall.
Schwab leader innovation expanding open-minded engaged specialty unique challenging skill-enhancer opportunity conservative professional caring service relationships caring service relationships professional knowledgeable customer service low or no fees great research tools friendly co-workers denver love for the markets 5+ years experience customer service friendly co-workers volatility knowledge growth ethics integrity opportunity opportunity dynamic reputation education growth service support opportunity loyalty satisfaction detail customer professional opportunity interest care environment supportive reputation history teamwork empathy learning environment enjoyment interest extensive in-depth supportive
Location: CO - Englewood
Activation Date: Monday, April 29, 2013
Expiration Date: Friday, May 24, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager III - Business Banking - CO
Chase - CO, Colorado
EMT Boulder Part Time
American Medical Response - Boulder, CO
Relationship Manager III - Business Banking - CO
Chase - CO, Colorado
Locate this job: