Retirement Plan Document Sr. Specialist Job Listing at Charles Schwab Corporation in Austin, TX
Schwab Retirement Plan Services, an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is one of the leading providers of bundled retirement plan services. For mid-to large sized companies, Schwab offers full-service retirement plans featuring complete retirement services from a single source. Schwab’s combined expertise in recordkeeping and related services, investment choice and award-winning participant experience and education (including retirement plan advice) and high-end technology helps employers offer competitive employee benefits.
Our goal/purpose is to offer our clients outstanding services and products to help achieve their participants' financial fitness in retirement. As a group we work to unburden our clients in automating procedures and processes to help reduce the clients' time needed to oversee daily administration of their plan.
Brief Description of Role:
The primary responsibility of the Senior Specialist is the preparation of defined contribution plan prototype and volume submitter documents. Commensurate with experience, opportunities to consult with clients and internal partners will be required. This will give you the opportunity to grow and show your leadership abilities within Schwab Retirement Plan Services.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting in the conversion process by mapping provisions to a Schwab document
* Drafting legal documents including Protected Benefit Reviews, Summary Plan Descriptions, Letters of Instruction, Plan Amendments and Administrative Policies
* Providing assistance to internal partners by researching requests and answering questions
* Working through assigned cases in accordance with service level standards, preparing annual notices and determination letter applications and participating in project work, as assigned.
An experienced ERISA paralegal, CEBS or ASPPA designation is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
The chosen candidate must have:
* Hands on experience preparing legal plan documents
* Minimum 5 years retirement plan administration experience preferred
* Working knowledge of mergers, acquisitions and protected benefits
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Dependable, efficient and able to work independently
* Proven ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
* Aptitude to quickly learn a broad range of skills, processes and subject matter
* Creative thinking skills and a mindset of continuous improvement in service delivery and ability to maintain a general working knowledge of IRS and ERISA rules applicable to employee retirement plans
Location: TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Expiration Date: Monday, July 1, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Austin, TX SLP Job
Soliant Health - Austin, TX
SLP Job in Austin, Texas
Soliant Health - Austin, TX
QUICK LUBE TECHNICIAN
AutoNation - Austin, TX
Locate this job: