Managing Director - Settlement Operations Job Listing at Charles Schwab Corporation in Phoenix, AZ
The Settlement Operations organization consists of 4 processing team and is as follows:
1. Domestic Settlements
2. International Settlements and Stock Loan
3. Fail Control/Reconciliation
4. Purchase and Sales
Each of these areas supports internal customer facing and enterprises as well as Regulatory Reporting and Balance Sheet Control, Legal, Compliance and Treasury Services. The primary goal of the group is possession and control of customer assets as well as resolving discrepancies on trades and other settlement activities between Broker dealers. We are further responsible to provide excellent customer services in support of our internal business partners. In addition, we reconciliation the firm’s dealer ledger to ensure internal books and records are in balance and transactions are recorded correctly.
Brief Description of Role:
This Director is responsible for the oversight and management of 4 direct reports and 40 representatives in their day to day activities. This includes ensuring industry rules, regulations and best practices are being complied with as well as all requirements outlined in our policy and procedures. The division is currently split between two location Orlando, FL and Phoenix Arizona. The Director is an escalation point for exceptions and provides approval on a number of these issues. In addition, the Director must escalate other exceptions to the VP as determined by our policy and procedures. The Director would interact internally with Directors and VP's from AS, IS, Fixed Income Trading, Regulatory Reporting, Balance Sheet Control, Treasury Services, Compliance and Legal. In addition, the Director would interact with all Schwab Custodians and many of the other industry utilities on a regular basis in support of our business.
* 5 years of Settlement Operations required with P&S knowledge a plus.
* Knowledge of DTCC, NSCC functions and systems
* Excellent knowledge of International settlements including local market rules and regulations
* An understanding of the Fed wire settlement process, J P Morgan Custody System knowledge a plus.
* Experience in the stock loan application.
* A full understanding of SEC rule 15C3-3, FINRA buy-in rules as well as capital computation for weekly reserve calculations and monthly focus report.
* Series 7 and 63 required.
* Series 9/10 or 24 required or condition of employment within 6 months of hire date.
* Successful management history of 5-plus years in Brokerage Operations.
* Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
* Ability to foster a team environment focusing on customer service.
* Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
* Ability to coach and development of staff.
* Ability to identify situations where escalation is warranted and the ability to take action quickly.
* Ability to multitask in a high-paced environment.
* Proactively identify and communicate opportunities to improve the process and or the customer experience
Location: AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager III - Business Banking - AZ
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Receipt and Distribution Specialist
J.P. Morgan Chase - AZ, Arizona
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking - AZ
Chase - AZ, Arizona
Locate this job: