Retirement Business Services - Business Development Officer Job Listing at Charles Schwab Corporation in Boston, MA
Schwab Retirement Business Services (RBS), the leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent recordkeepers and advisors focused on retirement plans is looking for a sales person like you! Our heritage of serving recordkeepers and advisors by bringing them the “best of Schwab,” our specialized expertise and our continued investment in their business is unparalleled. Your experience and commitment can help make it possible for us to offer a depth and breadth of services supported by leading technology and experienced, dedicated people to our clients to help them profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts.
Brief Description of Role:
As a Business Development Officer, you will prospect for new recordkeepers, banks, retirement advisors and consultants in the eastern United States. You may also be responsible for helping to increase Schwab’s share of wallet among existing clients. We are looking for motivated, aggressive sales professionals with extensive experience in the retirement plan marketplace.
Identify, pursue and sell Schwab’s products, services and technology to independent recordkeepers, third party administrators and retirement advisors.
* Skillful leadership for orchestrating internal “team selling & presenting” for optimum sales effectiveness
* Provide strategic insight, leadership and opinions on key directional issues and decisions
* Establish and maintain contact/relationships with top prospects and clients
* Sales opportunity/pipeline development and management
* Maintain up to date and accurate records, files, and critical data in sales data base (Salesforce)
* Play lead role in managing sales process for all assigned sales opportunities
* Play lead role in managing client retention efforts upon request of RBS leadership
* Perform/provide all required and requested documentation for active sales opportunities
* Identify integrated benefits leads with the following Schwab Institutional Sales teams: Retirement Plan Services, Stock Plan Services, and Advisor Services
* Understand and communicate the breadth of additional Schwab services
* Coach and mentor extended sales team members (e.g. Relationship Managers, Client Service Managers, Sales Support) to effectively sell and negotiate with prospects
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter, have a proven ability to exceed quarterly goals as set by the company and possess the following experience and qualifications:
* Series 7 and 63 licenses(required)
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience.
* A minimum of 8 years of proactive B2B sales experience in the retirement services industry.
* Demonstrated ability to manage complicated B2B sales situations
* Strong interpersonal skills, comprehensive industry knowledge, comfortable with new relationships and cold calling opportunities
* Substantial knowledge of competitor's products, services, sales tactics and weaknesses in the industry
Location: MA - Boston
Activation Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
Expiration Date: Sunday, June 16, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Accountemps - Quincy, MA
Dynamic Mortgage Underwriter
Accountemps - Dedham, MA
Nuance - Burlington, MA
Locate this job: