Learning Manager, Schwab Portfolio Consulting-Investment Advisor Group (SPC-IA) Job Listing at Charles Schwab in Phoenix, AZ (Job ID ScrapingHub23639-246890#0411170731)
**We believe that**, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. **We are driven** by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. **We respect** and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. **We challenge** conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. **We champion** our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.**We hire** optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Talent Management’s Learning Solutions Team consults and collaborates with business partners on the job capabilities of employees. The organization provides world-class learning solutions to address firm, enterprise, and regulatory learning needs and serves as a representative of the broader Talent Management organization.
The Learning Solutions Team is seeking a Training Manager to support the Schwab Portfolio Consulting – Investment Advisor Group (SPC-IA). The Training Manager is responsible for implementing and facilitating learning solutions that are strategically aligned to organizational goals and objectives. The Training Manager actively supports the transfer of learning throughout the organization. In addition, the Training Manager assists the Instructional Designer with development and design of organizational learning solutions. This individual will be responsible for the following:
**What you’ll do:**
* Coordinating learning activities aligned to support SPC-IA’s business priorities including large scale symposiums, classroom and virtual facilitation, coaching, mentoring, and best practice sharing within and across business units.
* Providing consulting services and acting as the main point of contact for business partners in order to align learning needs with strategic priorities and prescribe innovative, practical learning solutions.
* Managing project activities to support new products and services, marketing initiatives, technical advancements, organizational/enterprise needs, and vendor solutions.
* Leveraging consistent integrated learning solutions to address skill gaps of employees in like functions across the firm to develop world class professionals who provide excellent internal and external service.
* Building unique job specific core capabilities of employees in the areas portfolio consulting.
* The role is for an individual contributor. This individual is responsible for consulting in multiple locations of SPC-IA.
* In addition the individual will consult, support, and facilitate the rollout of national learning programs and initiatives. Responsibilities will include onboarding new employees as well as remedial and advanced learning for existing employees. This individual will work with the leaders to identify learning needs and trends in order to anticipate and develop comprehensive learning for the field.
* Additionally, this individual will also work with in-house instructional designers to consult on customized training programs.
**What you have:**
* 5 years’ experience in portfolio consulting
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in training, coaching and/or employee development highly preferred
* Strong client focus and the ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain relationships and establish trust
* Strong oral and written communication skills including experience developing and delivering presentations to management
* Proven ability at influencing others
* Strong project management skills and ability to manage projects with limited supervision
* Ability to lead-by-example through demonstration of the leadership behaviors defined in the Schwab Manager Profile and our Vision & Values
* Experience supervising employees
* Series 7 & 63 required
* Series 9 & 10 preferred
* CFP preferred
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
**What you’ll get:**
* Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
* Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual''s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
*Relocation Offered?:* No
*Work Schedule:* Days
*Languages:* English - spoken
*Current Licenses / Certifications:* FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
*Relevant Work Experience:* Training-2-5 yrs
*Position Located In:* AZ - Phoenix, CO - Denver
*Job Type:* Full Time
*Job ID:* 0411-17073
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Phoenix, AZ
Accountemps - Phoenix, AZ
Manager - Asset Management - Greenleaf
WM - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: