Risk Analytics Manager - Deposit and Payments Loss Job Listing at Charles Schwab in Englewood, CO (Job ID schwabcorp-236572)
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The mission of Corporate Risk Management is to provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes.
Corporate Risk Management is staffed and organized around five primary functions: Credit Risk Management, Market Risk Management, Insurance, Business Continuity Monitoring, and Risk Management Administration. These functions represent a specialized body of knowledge in place to support mitigation of potential risk at the corporate level related to credit, market, and certain operational risk.
The Deposits & Payments Risk Management team manages risk of loss in deposit and payments services.
Brief Description of Role:
The Senior Manager of Payments Risk will have a hands-on role in the effective management of Charles Schwab payment products to acceptable levels of risk. The Senior Manager will be responsible for analytics and research that identifies emerging fraud trends and provides the basis for changes to real-time transaction decision strategies and/or internal processes and procedures as needed to support overall goals.
The Senior Manager will also:
* Provide insights surrounding the use of online and mobile authentication tools and strategies to manage risk of loss in emerging new electronic payments channels;
* Partner regularly with our Fraud analysts to understand trends and summarize findings in action plan format;
* Analyze data and KPI reporting to ensure performance is as planned and take necessary action with findings;
* Partner with our Client Banking Services and Visa and Check Loss Prevention group as necessary to protect our client’s and the firm’s assets.
This is an individual contributor role reporting into the Managing Director of Payments Risk.
The following qualifications are required:
* 5 years of progressive experience in payments fraud management in a retail banking or e-commerce;
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills with emphasis on business case development;
* Demonstrated ability to process large quantities of data, summarize key findings, and present effectively to upper management;
* Experience defining and implementing operational processes and procedures;
* Understanding of decision engine strategies and concepts;
* Excellent and proven relationship management skills.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including: VLookups, conditional logic, text manipulation and external data sources.
* Intermediate data mining skills (e.g. – using SQL and/or SAS).
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
The following qualifications are preferred:
* 8 years of professional experience in financial services;
* Experience defining and implementing operational processes and procedures in a fraud management environment;
* Intermediate level understanding of decision engine strategies and concepts;
* Experience with implementation and use of online security, KYC, and mobile authentication tools;
* Formal education in decision engines or fraud certification a plus.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs
Position Located In: CO - Englewood, CO - Denver
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, November 1, 2013
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 1, 2014
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Business Relationship Mgr (lo)
Wells Fargo - Boulder, CO
Accountable Healthcare Staffing - Denver, CO
Accountable Healthcare Staffing - Denver, CO
Locate this job: