Social Media Manager Job Listing at Charles Schwab in San Francisco, CA (Job ID schwabcorp-242753)
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
Corporate Public Relations is valued as a strategic contributor supporting the company’s brand and reputation. The areas of responsibility include external communications strategy, plan development and implementation of PR and social media activities.
Description of Role and Responsibilities
A key member of the Corporate Public Relations team, theSocial Media Managerwill partner with the Managing Director and various internal partners as the primary channel and community manager for two of Schwab’s corporate Twitter accounts and for the corporate LinkedIn page. These strategic communications channels are used to engage with clients, the public, and the media and to provide perspectives and education on market events, investing, personal finance, and company news.
* Drafting and editing appropriate copy for use on social media.
* Working with customer service and others to respond to community questions and comments.
* Engaging with influencers and media through Twitter and LinkedIn.
* Advising on and executing social media strategy for major business, marketing and public relations initiatives.
We place a premium on high performance, superior relationship skills, a thoughtful point-of-view, discretion with sensitive/confidential information, and the savvy to balance best practices in social media with business needs and priorities.
* Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience developing and executing corporate social media programs.
* Strong familiarity with using social media in support of public relations efforts.
* Ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, tangible and actionable messages for specific audiences.
* Outstanding communications skills, including listening, verbal, editing, storytelling, writing, and strong judgment about when, how, what and to whom to communicate.
* Strong project management skills: ability to define success criteria, identify project risks, opportunities and core stakeholders, and effectively manage scope, teams, timelines, details.
* Experience working in financial services.
* Experience working for and/or with public relations or social media agencies.
* Experience using paid media to support social media programs and content.
* Experience using sophisticated social media platforms and technology.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: Communications-2-5 yrs
Position Located In: CA - San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, February 6, 2014
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Social Media jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Community Manager (Contractor)
Maxis - Redwood City, CA
Social Media Specialist
Charles Schwab - San Francisco, CA
Social Media Content Editor (Part-time contract) - SNEI - SM
Sony Electronics - San Mateo, CA
Locate this job: