Sr Data Warehouse / Modeler / Analyst Job Listing at Charles Schwab in Phoenix, AZ (Job ID schwabcorp-233935)
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
SBI Data Services is a team within Schwab Business Intelligence responsible for Data Management, design and ETL design functions aimed at creating a robust data, reporting and business intelligence environment on Schwab Integrated data warehouse platform. Charter of this team is to helps facilitate “one version of the truth” reporting across multiple Schwab product and delivery channels. Team responsibilities include data governance and stewardship, building information layer, data provisioning, ETL design and data analysis.
Brief Description of Role:
-Work with SBI Business Teams to gather reporting requirements and understand data reporting needs.
-Analyze data sources and business processes to design and develop LDM, PDM and conceptual data models.
- Capture, define and document metadata and data relationships necessary to support data and its usage in Schwab BI.
-Coordinate and manage design, development, testing and implementation of data structures to support data provisioning on various Schwab BI platforms.
- Provide 2nd level of support in troubleshooting, conducting impact analysis and resolving data issues on Schwab BI platforms to address anomalies or process/technology related issues.
- Work with ETL development team to coordinate ETL development/enhancement efforts. Review, troubleshoot, design, document ETL processes to support investigation of data anomalies, enhance existing data sources or introduce new data tables.
Technical / Functional Qualifications:
- Data modeling experience on Data warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of ERWIN, Embarcadero or other industry data modeling tools.
- Good understanding of data modeling in third normal form and star schema.
- 5+ years of Advanced SQL experience in large Oracle or Teradata environments.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in systems development and requirements analysis.
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with business and technical teams.
- Self starter, with ability to multitask, mange priorities and work on multiple data projects in fast paced environment.
-Prior experience with ETL development in Teradata and/or Oracle a big plus
-Informatica – PowerCenter experience a plus.
-Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems.
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
Position Located In: AZ - Phoenix, CA - San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 21, 2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Studio Technician - full time
Broadcast - Phoenix, AZ
Test Technician II
Kelly Services - Chandler, AZ
Loader / Unloader
Cintas Corporation - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: