Sr Staff - Release / Project Manager Job Listing at Charles Schwab in Phoenix, AZ (Job ID ScrapingHub23639-247242#0410170581)
**Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients'' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Security Master/Fund Management (SMFM) team provides new development, maintenance and support of the firm’s ITEM Security Master, Third Party Mutual Funds Billing (a Unix based application that provides back office ability to bill Mutual Funds companies for assets held at Schwab), Funds Center and Mutual Funds Marketplace (Unix based applications used by Schwab Reps to do fund management and research). The team works closely with our business partners to provide timely, responsive and high quality application development services for these critical applications.
**Brief Description of Role:**
The SMFM Release Manager has oversight and responsibility for ensuring the proper implementation and timeliness of all changes to the applications we support. This includes managing two releases, one major and one minor, per month, implementation of non-release changes that include emergency changes to resolve client impacting problems. The position requires a senior level release manager who exhibits strong leadership abilities, takes ownership of their area and can effectively communicate with a wide range of business and technical resources to ensure that changes to the environment are in alignment with the needs of the business, are implemented on or ahead of schedule, are of the utmost quality and have adhered to all change policy and release guidelines.
This position requires a highly motivated and well-organized person who is an expert in Release Management having the following qualifications:
* 8 + years experience as a Release or Technical Project Manager in the financial industry.
* Able to effectively manage releases which include determining which changes will be included in the release, maintaining and presenting a formal release document, ensuring all required audit requirements such as business requirements, code reviews and testing results are completed and that a thorough transition plan is in place.
* Proven communication skills that include preparing for and hosting meetings, preparing and presenting presentations, keeping the audience focused on the agenda, driving discussions to closure, influencing decisions and building strong relationships.
* Good technical understanding of Mainframe and Unix systems using Cobol, Java, DB2, Oracle, and Web Services. Some application programming experience also a plus.
* Proficient managing projects using Agile and RUP methodologies.
* Proficient using Microsoft Office products that include Excel, Powerpoint, Project,Team Foundation Server (TFS), and Sharepoint.
* Must be able to take ownership of their responsibilities and work with minimal oversight.
* Must be capable of organizing and maintaining a large and dynamic workload, aligning with business owners on priorities and driving process to ensure technical staff is focused on priority work, target deliverable dates and strong adherence to standards and policies.
* Must be able to manage multiple and cross functional projects.
* Detail oriented and deadline conscious.
**Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual''s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.**
*Relocation Offered?:* No
*Work Schedule:* Days
*Languages:* English - spoken
*Current Licenses / Certifications:* None
*Relevant Work Experience:* No Work Experience
*Position Located In:* AZ - Phoenix, CO - Denver
*Job Type:* Full Time
*Job ID:* 0410-17058
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Clinical Manager (32)
Fresenius Medical Care - Glendale, AZ
KellyMitchell Group - Phoenix, AZ
HR Assistant I
KellyMitchell Group - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: