Block 0 - Lead Drilling Engineer - Major Capital Project Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Block 0 - Lead Drilling Engineer - Major Capital Project
Requisition Number: 081127419
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Drilling Engineer – Block 0 located in Houston, Texas through July 23 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The position is Houston based, but there is possible travel required (estimated at 1 to 2 times per year) to Luanda and Malongo camp in Angola.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Provides drilling engineering support for SASBU Houston New Field Development MINZU Major Captial Project (MCP) working in MCP CPDEP Phase 2 & 3.
Some key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Represent D&C function on MINZU MCP Leadership Team.
* Prepare & deliver drilling information in Partner Workshops, DRB Meetings, Project Assurance Reviews, Stakeholder communications.
* Prepare & deliver project updates to SASBU D&C Staff in Luanda / Malongo seeking alignment of drilling design.
* Work with MINZU Completion Engineer to develop / deliver Phase 2 & Phase 3 appropriate deliverables per MCP CPDEP (some examples below).
- Develop D&C project plan appropriate for Phase 2 & Phase 3 MCP deliverables for MINZU Project.
- Assess and lead development of Value Based Well Objectives (VBWO) appropriate for Phase 2 & Phase 3 MCP CPDEP.
- Develop and evaluate drilling concept alternatives in alignment with MINZU NFD project.
- Develop Phase 2 & Phase 3 appropriate time and cost probabilistic estimate model in line with MINZU Project VBWO. Model will be used to evaluate well design alternatives in Phase 2 to develop preferred well design concepts.
- Benchmark SASBU & Rushmore drilling performance for well designs investigated.
- Perform phase appropriate risk assessment of well design alternatives for selecting preferred alternative.
- Identify and evaluate well design changes and/or technology deployment into the project planning process to help drive cost reduction for drilling.
* Prepare Phase 2 Well Construction Basis of Design documentation for the preferred alternative concept. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Design.
- Document Best Practices and Lessons Learned for selected alternative to incorporate in Phase 3 & Phase 4 planning.
- Develop a phase appropriate Risk & Uncertainty Management plan to mitigate the well design uncertainties.
- Investigate special equipment needs for the well design and prepare a list of the long lead items.
* Develop Phase 2 Well Construction Basis of Estimate documentation in line with SASBU MCP SOP. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Estimate.
- Develop well intervention and operating expense costs forecast for the well life
* Develop and assess of drilling interface needs / risks with facilities for concept alternatives and selected alternative(s). Investigate potential rig interface issues and develop mitigations.
* Engage, contract, and oversee drilling oriented studies pertinent to project work.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
* Minimum 10 years of drilling engineering industry experience.
* Broad drilling/completion work over knowledge is required; experience in multiple Business Units.
Strong knowledge of Project Management processes. Ability to drive a project across multi functional teams to reach an appropriate solution.
* Excellent leadership & communication skills. Holds self & others accountable for performance. Ability to communicate across many functions, and with Asset Teams and a multitude of diverse contractors. Ability to coordinate a multitude of contractors and equipment in a rapid paced well construction factory. Proactively & effectively mentors early career employees.
* Teamwork. Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline; multi-cultural environment.
* Proven experience innovating, willing to challenge the status quo and improve performance. Demonstrates critical thinking across multi functional teams to reach solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
* Offshore Experience.
* Extensive knowledge of designing, preparing the well's basis of design for drilling, testing and completing development, appraisal and exploration wells from semi-submersible floating drilling, independent leg jackup and tender assist MODU's. Knowledge working with vendor in developing the weak point analysis for the riser, wellhead and conductor and mooring analysis; knowledge of subsea test tree and IWOC's systems for floating drilling.
* Preferred SME Software knowledge - Microsoft office, Peleton WellView, Landmark Drilling Engineering software such as WellCat, Stresscheck, Compass software.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-CM1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: