Decommissioning Engineer Technical Services Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Decommissioning Engineer Technical Services
Requisition Number: 081027429
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Environmental Management Company (EMC) is a key resource to domestic and international OPCOs responsible for providing technical, consulting and project management services for onshore and offshore decommissioning and remediation work.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Decommissioning Engineer Technical Services located in Houston, Texas through May 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Develop strategies, reports, procedures, cost estimates and schedules for offshore structure, pipeline decommissioning and salvages programs.
* Utilize good project management skills (such as CSOC tools, project controls, and metrics tracking) in planning and executing onshore / offshore decommissioning projects.
* Develop plans and strategies that cover pipeline decommissioning, well protector removal, conductor severing and removal, topsides flushing and preparation for removal, deck removal, and multi-leg structure removal.
* Work closely with asset team engineers to develop decommissioning candidate lists, securing the necessary equipment and services to conduct onshore / offshore decommissioning operations, providing oversight to field Company Reps, monitoring decommissioning program execution, and tracking project execution metrics.
* Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering.
* A minimum of 5 years of related oil and gas experience.
* Ability to travel up to 10% to international locations as well as travel offshore by boat or helicopter.
* Experience in planning and managing complex, multi-faceted decommissioning projects involving diving and heavy lift salvage operations, tools, equipment, and marine vessels in offshore environment within assigned scope, timeframe, and budget for both technical and decommissioning activities using Chevron Project Management and Capital Stewardship tools and principals.
* Ability to negotiate remedy selection with regulators and other stakeholders.
* Ability to think strategically and develop a cost-effective solutions acceptable to stakeholders and minimizes Chevron's future liabilities.
* Seek out and adopt Best Practices and Lessons Learned.
* Project coordination experience in executing large salvage projects.
* Experience stewarding HES programs and processes with various safety system tools (such as Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Behavior Based Safety Observation process (BBSO), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Contractor Safety Management, etc.)
* Experience in positive reinforcement of safety performance / behaviors.
* Heavy lift and salvage related safety experience.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: Bachelor
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
CIB - Risk Technology - Application Developer
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
CIB Tech - Credit Risk - Oracle Developer
J.P. Morgan - TX, Texas
SAP Instructional Designer
Virtual Intelligence Providers - Houston , Texas
Locate this job: