Deepwater Completion Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Deepwater Completion Engineer
Requisition Number: 006427702
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Deepwater Completion Engineer located in Houston, Texas through July 23 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Work within a team of D&C Engineer(s), Field D&C Engineers (FDCE’s), Drill Site Managers and Drilling Superintendent(s) planning and executing DWEP wells as members of a multifunctional SW CPDEP Project Team primarily in Phase 4.
* Perform general engineering calculations to support operations: update kill sheet, prepare casing and tubing tallies as required, maintain up to date maximum allowable overpull sheet, perform cement job volume & displacement calculations, perform FIT or LOT calculations, be present at cement unit for critical pumping activities, ensure adequate fishing inventory is available at the rig site, monitor and ensure minimum Regulator drilling fluid volumes, prepare detailed relief notes at the end of every hitch.
* Provides onsite D&C engineering support to the Drill Site Manager(s) during SW CPDEP Phase 4 well execution with assistance from the other members of the D&C Engineering Team and guidance from D&C Engineering Advisor (Exploration/Appraisal or MCP’s).
* Maintain the Regulator waiver log, ensure proper APD/APM and relevant regulatory documents are available at the rig site, maintain as built well schematic, ensure test pressures satisfy APD requirements and do not exceed mechanical limits, provide assistance as required to review test charts.
* Work with Drill Site Manager(s), contractors and office team to develop POA's and lead in POA discussions as required.
Assist the Drill Site Manager(s) in organizing and leading rig site POA reviews and hole section previews with Service Partners and Rig Contractors if required.
* Work with the Drill Site Manager(s), other D&C Engineers, and Service Partners (rig based and shore based) to coordinate timely arrival of equipment and services for upcoming operations. Assist the Drill Site Manager(s) Provide guidance and prioritization of equipment needs to Offshore Logistics Coordinator. Communicate upcoming equipment movements with Well Site Manager(s) and rig team.
* Support the Lead Drill Site Manager and Offshore Logistics Coordinator in updating the 6 day forecast.
* Assist in directing rig team in derrick and deck management for current and upcoming operations.
* Work with Dill Site Manager(s) to ensure offline activities are optimized and estimated centerline savings are recorded/reported.
* Work with Business Partners to develop rig site engineering planning and communication via written procedures (POA’s).
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical.
* 2 - 3 years drilling / completion engineering and/or drill site manager experience.
* Process and results orientated, inclusive of developing plans of action with work procedures and risk assessments for rig operations.
* Demonstrated understanding of engineering principles and engineering software applications.
* Teamwork: Can work effectively with office and rig based personnel.
* Offshore experience.
* Experience in leading quality risk assessment conversations with contractors
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: