Deepwater Completion Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Deepwater Completion Engineer
Requisition Number: 006427701
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Deepwater Completions Engineer located in Houston, Texas through July 23 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Delivers completion engineering inputs for GOM Deep water Major Capital Projects (MCP) utilizing Chevron Project Development & Execution Process (CPDEP). During Phases 2 and 3 provision of Decision Support Packages (DSP’s): completion alternatives analysis (inclusive of tubulars, sand face, artificial lift, etc….) , Value-Based Well Objectives (VBWO), Uncertainty Management Plan (UMP), probabilistic cost/schedule estimates, Basis Of Design (BOD), RAM (Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability) analysis, Peer Assists, Sub-Surface Technical Reviews (SSTR), Peer Reviews, and Risk Assessments.
* Coordinates performance of required technical studies and completion technology development necessary to ensure readiness for MCP execution; provides direction to Chevron Energy Technology Company and business partners involved in performing these activities.
* Supports consistent use and application of completion engineering tools, procedures, processes, and equipment standards across the MCP teams; ensures that Best Practices and Lessons Learned are shared across DWEP projects and with the Chevron completions community.
* Prepares completion procedures and provides office-based and rig-site completion engineering support during Phase 4 well execution; assures procurement and quality control of completion equipment and services; supports appropriate use of Risk and Uncertainty Management (RUMS), Management Of Change (MOC), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes during execution.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical.
* Minimum 10 years of oil & gas industry engineering.
* Proven experience in sand face hydraulic fracturing, sand control/frac pack techniques,upper completion design inclusive of artificial lift.
* Experience in the practice of Project Management process, D&C Well Construction and Operational Excellent processes (focus on performance improvement, risk management, category management).
* Leadership: Ability to direct and coordinate the work activities of Business Partners, and multi-function completion engineers.
* Deepwater/subsea experience.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: