Deepwater Drilling Engineer Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Deepwater Drilling Engineer
Requisition Number: 006427470
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Deepwater Drilling Engineer located in Houston, Texas through July 23 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Tasked with the preparation of all D&C Engineering deliverables for SW Project Phases 2 thru 5.
* Facilitates and participates in SW Project Phase 2 and 3 drilling engineering advancement meetings for Risk Assessments and Peer Design Reviews, Location Selection, Establishing VBWO, Uncertainty Management Planning, Risk Assessments, Well Design, Cost Estimates.
* Supports and ensures consistent use and application of drilling engineering tools, programs, processes and standards as well as engineering designs and cost estimates across the D&C Engineering team assigned to the well.
* Tasked with the preparation of the D&C Well Basis of Design with assistance from the other members of the D&C Engineering Team.
* Provides drilling engineering support to the Drilling Superintendent during SW Project Phase 4 well execution with assistance from the other members of the Drilling Engineering Team and guidance from D&C Engineering Advisor.
* Provides technical guidance and mentoring to other less experienced D&C Engineers and Field D&C Engineers.
* Work with Business Partners to analyze drilling and completion performance and make recommendations to improve.
* Coordinate Business Partner readiness and capability to support rig operations incident free.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
* Minimum 7 years of drilling engineering experience planning and executing complex, deep, high pressure offshore wells.
* Demonstrated results using Single Well Project Management Processes and Risk Uncertainty Management (RUMS) in a cross functional well engineering planning environment.
* Demonstrated experience supporting rig operations in a team environment with office and rig based personnel.
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering software applications (i.e. Landmark).
* Experience in deepwater environment is preferred.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters. *LI-JH1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Education Required: Bachelor of Engineering
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Engineer II - Mechanical
Belcan - Pearland, TX
Sr. Design Engineer / Design Engineer - Solenoid Valve
Belcan - Houston, TX
Belcan - Baytown, TX
Locate this job: