Development Geologist Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Aberdeen (Job ID chevron-26709)
Job Title: Development Geologist
Requisition Number: 096326709
Job is available in these locations: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Development Geologist located in Aberdeen.
Working as part of a cross functional team the Development Geologist will be responsible for the technical evaluation of geological aspects of the Captain field to enable identification and maturation of targets.
The successful candidate will have a strong Earth Science background, with a primary focus on asset development and reservoir management they will also be familiar with development geological work processes and have the ability to integrate and interpret seismic, well and production data.
Please ensure your application includes package/salary expectations, eligibility of employment for location and availability to meet if requested for interview.Information will assist in timely progression of your application.
Position Details: Key Job Responsibilities for these positions:
- Provide technical evaluation of geological aspects of the field to enable identification and maturation of targets, execution of wells and post-well studies to inform future drilling decisions.
- This will include seismic interpretation, well data analysis, earth modelling and well planning.
- Working as part of a cross-discipline team, integrate geological and engineering data to support technical discussions on reservoir evaluation, well planning and execution. Communicate these finding to stakeholders.
- Represent the team in partner meetings, peer reviews and to management as required to support decision making.
- Provide work direction and mentoring to less experienced Earth Scientists under the direction of the Earth Science Team Lead.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
The successful candidate will likely have the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Earth Science, likely supported with a Masters Degree in a similar field
- Significant experience in petroleum geology, particularly in planning and executing/designing well drilling programs
- Strong background in all aspects of Earth Science and related functions such as seismic interpretation, well logging and formation evaluation
- Experience in computer-based mapping tools is essential, with exposure to tools such as Gocad or Petrel, EPOS interpretation tools and Geolog being advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, with articulation of concepts, listening, presentation and report writing being key abilities
- A willingness to adapt a high pace work environment which may require following several wells per year and 24 hour rig call responsibilities
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-JA1
Selected candidates will work in the United Kingdom under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is an equal opportunities employer
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Country: United Kingdom
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Great Britain
View similar jobs:
GTI - CTS - Desktop Management Platform Application Developer
J.P. Morgan Chase - United Kingdom
Packing Technology Manager
Ben and Jerry's - United Kingdom (County level)
Primavera P6 Systems Engineer
JobG8 - Barcelona, UK
Locate this job: