Drill Site Manager - Real-time Drilling Optimization Center (RDOC) Job Listing at Chevron Corporation in Houston, TX
Job Title: Drill Site Manager - Real-time Drilling Optimization Center (RDOC)
Requisition Number: 032227324
Job is available in these locations: Houston, Texas, USA
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
To learn more, visit theExplore Chevron website.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world’s largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world’s most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader” philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of an Drill Site Manager - Decision Support Center (DSC) to be located in Houston, Texas through Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Decision Support Center (DSC) supporting global Chevron Drilling & Completion (D&C) operations.
The position will work 14/14 rotating schedule.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Leader of day-to-day operations of the Decision Support Center (DSC).
* Providing work direction for DSC staff of Operations Engineers and Drilling Technicians.
* Communicates with rig and office-based personnel to assess operational issues and formulate solutions during unexpected events or critical situation management.
* Facilitates involvement of ETC Subject Matter Experts as necessary to perform more specialized analysis.
* Mentors and coaches early career employees and provides formal training on operations of RDOC.
* Manages knowledge capture, including Lessons Learned, Best Practices, global metrics and ensures ready access by global D&C community.
* Manages monitoring, analysis, and integration of D&C data to support global Chevron D&C operations.
* Feedback and recommendations from DSC staff will be used to make multi-million dollar decisions on well operations.
* Minimum of 8 years Drilling and/or Completions operations and/or engineering experience (preferably working as a Drill Site Manager, Well Site Manager, Drilling Engineer or Completions Engineer).
* Provides expertise to global Chevron D&C operations as well as to mentor/coach early career employees.
* Constant communication will be required between DSC and rig & office-based D&C personnel throughout Chevron's global operations. Discussing and documenting Value-Based Well Objectives, risk assessments, Management of Change (MOC), Lessons Learned, and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) will be routine tasks for DSC personnel.
* Previous assignments as Drill Site Manager or Well Site Manager.
* Deepwater experience is preferred.
* Experience with Single Well - Chevron Project Development and Execution Process (SW-CPDEP), Risk and Uncertainty Management Standard, MOC, WellView, VBWO is required. Such processes will be the backbone of discussion and decision making during collaboration between DSC and global rig/office-based personnel.
* Previous involvement with D&C data systems (DISWIN & DIMS).
* Variety of geographical and functional experience.
* Relocation may be considered with Chevron parameters. *LI-KG1
* Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: High School/HS Equivalent
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Construction jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
BM - HOUSTON, TX
Contractor Safety Management HSE Reporting Analyst
BP America Inc. - Houston, TX
Welder II - Houston TX - HD Supply Waterworks Job
HD Supply - Houston, TX
Locate this job: